Read Time 3 Minutes
It’s no secret: Birmingham is a city for foodies. Whether you’re trying a new restaurant or scrolling through Instagram, you’ll find plenty of meal inspo. We love hearing from the experts, so we reached out to 7 Birmingham foodies and food bloggers to get their top recommendations for local bites. Keep reading to see their favorites, but take note: don’t scroll while hungry.
1. @hilbitesbham is one of our favorite Birmingham foodies to follow
This foodie is passionate about Birmingham and ‘gramming her way through all the delicious foods in the 205 area code. Every time you look through her account, you’ll leave with at least 5 new local spots to support.
Hilary’s top Birmingham foodie recs:
- Huevos rancheros grits bowl from Big Bad Breakfast
- Cauliflower tacos from Monday Night Social Club
- Tomato pie from Helen
This Birmingham foodie shares a mix of local food recommendations, medical education stories and of course, photos of his pomsky. Need even more proof that you can trust JM’s recommendations? This foodie is a Yelp elite member.
JM’s top Birmingham foodie recs:
- Tonkotsu ramen from Back 40 Beer Co.
- Brisket nachos from Porky’s Pride
- Double Hero burger from Hero Doughnuts
K Marie Kitchen is an award-winning food blog that shares delicious recipes and party-planning tips. With her experience as a cook, we knew Katrina would be an expert in local dishes.
Katrina’s top Birmingham foodie recs:
4. @zoeeatsbham is a fun Birmingham foodie
Zoe shares her delicious eats through Birmingham and each new post makes me even hungrier. Whether you’re looking for a sushi fix or your next breakfast spot, you’ll find new Birmingham spots to support every time you scroll.
Zoe’s top Birmingham foodie recs:
- French toast from Trattoria ZaZa
- Burger + pimento cheese dip from Blueprint on 3rd
- Build-your-own turkey sandwich on white bread from The Garage
Michael and Casey are two college students eating their way through Birmingham—and sharing reviews. If you’re trying to find your next meal, chances are these Birmingham foodies have already tried and rated it.
Michael and Casey’s top Birmingham foodie recs:
- Saw’s BBQ pizza from Post Office Pies
- Hot chicken plate with mac and cheese from Hattie B’s
- Poké bowl from Ono Poké
6. @beautifuleatsandthings is a Birmingham foodie sharing nutritious recipes
Andrea is a body-positive dietitian and her account includes recipes for everything from smoothies to pizza. She loves the fantastic local restaurants we have here in the ‘Ham—and you can trust her judgment since she creates amazing recipes herself.
Andrea’s top Birmingham foodie recs:
Mandy AKA the Foodie Realtor shares all of the eats and drinks of Birmingham with each mouthwatering post. When I scrolled through her account, I added even more restaurants to my must-try list.
Mandy’s top Birmingham foodie recs:
- Little Neck Clams from Le Fresca (with extra bread to soak up the sauce)
- Steak tacos from Los Valedores food truck
- Seafood tower at Ocean (PS—this tower isn’t for the faint of heart. Bring friends).
Want even more foodie inspiration? Follow @BhamNow on Instagram for updates and droolworthy photos of your favorite local bites.