Sidewalk Film Festival 2022 is almost here, and whether this is your tenth Sidewalk or you’re a film fest newbie, you’re in for a treat. We’ve got you covered with the ultimate guide to enjoying the festival with foodie recs at The Pizitz Food Hall.
First things first— the Sidewalk Film Festival 2022 rundown
Every year, thousands of film lovers and makers head to Birmingham for the beloved Sidewalk Film Festival. This year, you’ll be able to see over 250+ films screened across different locations in Birmingham.
Aside from the films, you can also check out fun events like the opening night parties, Sidewalk’s Saturday Night Roller Disco at CityWalk BHAM, free panels and more.
- When: Monday, August 22-Sunday, August 28
- Where: 10 locations across Birmingham, including Sidewalk Film Center & Cinema, 1821 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
PS—The Pizitz Food Hall is always open on Saturdays from 11AM-8PM, and for the film festival, it’ll be open on Sunday from 11AM-5PM!
No good movie-going experience is complete without a snack, right? Thankfully, The Pizitz is full of delish options.
- Sidewalk Cinema: full bar + concession stand, including fresh popcorn, local beers, cocktails, vegan + vegetarian options
- Birmingham Candy Co: handcrafted candies + sweets
- The Spun Cow: sweet treats including milkshakes, ice cream floats, ice cream scoops + hand-spun cotton candy
- NOLA Ice: frozen snoballs with 50+ flavors
Whether you’re looking for a happy hour cocktail before enjoying a weeknight movie premier or a refreshing drink to hold you over on Saturday afternoon, The Pizitz has tons of options.
- The Louis: full-service bar featuring 12+ beers on tap, wine selection + specialty cocktails
- ThirsTea Cafe: family-owned café with refreshing, customizable drinks such as fruit teas, milk teas, coffee, smoothies + more
Pro tip: The Louis Bar has a fantastic happy hour from 3-6PM from Monday to Friday with drink specials, including $7 margaritas, $6 Old Forester old fashioneds, $1 off beer and wine and more.
Lunch + dinner options
- SOCU Southern Kitchen & Oyster Bar: delicious Southern-inspired kitchen with dishes like oysters, deviled eggs, chicken and waffles + more
- Ashley Mac’s: fast-casual restaurant with sandwiches, salads, bakery options + more
- Broad Street: Cajun-inspired menu of po-boy sandwiches, crawfish nachos, crawfish grilled cheese + more
- Ono Poké: build-your-own pokè bowls + menu options of rice, fish + toppings
- Pho Pho: Vietnamese concept featuring pho, ramen, bibimbap + sides such as some of the tastiest crab angels (trust me)
- J Wings: a menu of savory favorites including wings, fried chicken sandwiches + fries
- Silver Kati: popular Indian street food such as kati rolls, tikka masala, salads, samosas + more
- The Standard: traditional burger + hot dog joint with an amazing veggie burger on the menu, too
- Unos Tacos: tacos, quesadillas + tostadas, including one of the tastiest quesabirria tacos in Birmingham
- I Love Tina & Gina’s: New York-style deli with sandwiches piled high with meat + toppings, including the chopped cheese, Italian + pastrami
- Dough Boy Pizza: In the mood for pizza? On Saturday, August 20, Dough Boy PIzza officially opens with signature pizzas + build-your-own options.
Pro tip: Looking for a way to enjoy your final day at Sidewalk? Head to SOCU for Sunday Brunch from 11AM-3PM between showings.