If you’re anything like me, The PIzitz Food Hall is one of your go-to food destinations in Birmingham for work lunches or dinners with friends. Whether you order the same thing every time or you’re looking to switch up your lunch plans, we’re here to spill the details on seven dishes you have to check out.
1. Mango strawberry smoothie from ThirsTea Cafe
We all have our go-to orders at The Pizitz, right? Personally, I get a drink from ThirsTea Cafe. I typically stick with a fruit tea with popping boba, but this time, I asked for something new. Believe me, you have to add this drink to your must-try list: a strawberry mango smoothie. We got it with rainbow jelly to add even more fun flavor and texture, and it was the perfect extra touch.
2. Veggie burger from The Standard
Looking for a summer meal that’s filling without being so heavy you feel like your friends have to roll you out of The Pizitz Food Hall? We’ve all been there, right?!
The veggie burger at The Standard is the perfect option for a delicious meal that’s vegetarian-friendly and packed with flavor. The mashed avocado and chipotle mayo take it up a notch.
- What to order: Black bean veggie burger | Lettuce, tomato, avocado, chipotle mayo + white cheddar
3. Crunch bowl from The Ono Poké
Remember when I mentioned that I have a few go-to orders when I go to The Pizitz Food Hall? Yep, Ono Pokè is one of them. I personally stick with a build-your-own bowl, but I’m adding one of their signature bowls to my must-try list—and so should you.
Pro tip: ask for extra spicy aioli and samurai sauce, then thank me later.
- What to order: Crunch bowl | Choice of poké + base, topped with jalapeńo, cucumber, scallions, edamame, crunch, tobiko, spicy aioli + samurai sauce
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
4. Fried shrimp po’boy from Broad Street Peaux Boys
Does summer have you itchin’ for seafood? Even if you can’t make it to the Big Easy or the Gulf Coast, you can make your seafood dreams come true with a shrimp po’boy from Broad Street Peaux Boys. Each po’boy is dressed with fantastic toppings and stuffed to the brim so you know you’re getting your money’s worth.
5. Strawberry cream float from The Spun Cow
Does anything scream summer more than an ice cream float? One of The Pizitz Food Hall’s newest food stall options, The Spun Cow, serves up ice cream, floats, milkshakes and cotton candy.
I personally will find any excuse for a fun drink, and The Spun Cow’s ice cream floats make it so much easier. Need a midday pick-me-up? Yes. Want to treat a friend to something delish? Obviously. No matter what, The Spun Cow’s got an option for you.
6. Quesabirria tacos from Unos Tacos
If you haven’t tried birria yet, I’m about to change your life. Birria is a popular Mexican dish that includes meat cooked in a flavorful stew (or consommé) and served as tacos or quesadillas.
The quesabirria tacos from Unos Tacos are some of the tastiest things I’ve eaten in Birmingham, hands down. The tortilla shells are covered with crispy, melted cheese and filled with stewed meat. Dip your tacos into the consommé, the liquid the meat has cooked in, and be sure to stock up on plenty of napkins.
This meal is messy but, boy, is it good!
7. Mandarin orange salad from Ashley Mac’s
Nothing’s more refreshing than a light salad filled with a variety of toppings. Bonus points when it’s so colorful you feel like you’re eating the rainbow.
Of course, we all know one of the best parts of any meal from Ashley Mac’s is their sour cream biscuits.
- What to order: Mandarin orange salad | Mixed greens, mandarin oranges, celery, green onions, feta, sugared onions + dijon vinaigrette & sour cream biscuit
- Website | Facebook | Instagram