If you’re like me and procrastinate on gift shopping until the last second, here’s your holiday shopping miracle. You can finish up your holiday shopping AND support local, women-owned businesses in Birmingham at the same time. Find the perfect gift for anyone on your list at these 11 Birmingham shops!
Shop Local Last-Minute Gifts in Birmingham 🛍️
This list has it all: delicious eats, dreamy decor, the cutest knick knacks from local makers and so. much. more. There’s seriously something for everyone—including yourself, am I right?!
Founded in 2017 by Meredith Sparks, Eleven Eleven was created to bring the vibes of NYC fashion to Birmingham. They launched online, and co-owner Carly McGavin joined the team doing marketing + social media. Now the duo has their own space in Mountain Brook where they sell only the ~chicest~ athleisure.
- Location: 2411 Montevallo Rd, Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10AM-5PM | Sun. 1-5PM
- Price Range: It varies by item, but typically their prices are in the $50-$250 range. You can also purchase a gift card for any amount if you can’t decide what to buy!
- Sales: You can shop sale items online, or in store on their sale rack where items are marked down 20%-50%.
Adrian Ward, who recently participated in REV Birmingham’s Big Pitch competition, is bringing relaxation to Birmingham through her business, The Relaxation Room. With the corporate worker in mind, it’s the perfect way to squeeze a little self-care into a busy routine—especially for anyone with limited time and resources.
- Location: Embody Manual and Movement Therapy | 3918 Montclair Road, Suite 100, Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Tues. + Wed. 10:30AM-7PM | Fri. 10:30AM-4PM | Sat. 10AM-4PM | Mon., Thurs. + Sun. CLOSED
- Price Range: Massages are $80-$90 depending on what service you purchase. They offer 6 different types including pregnancy massages, lymph draining massages and TMD (if you grind or clench your teeth) treatment massages. Book a massage, or purchase a gift certificate for the person on your list who needs a break.
- Specials: Who says you need a full-body massage to be fully relaxed?! At Relaxation Room, you can get a virtual spa experience. A massage chair provides physical relief, and virtual goggles bring the auditory + visual relaxation. So. Cool.
Blueroot Co.—founded by Jennifer Ryan—was also a finalist for The Big Pitch. What first launched at the Pepper Place Farmer’s Market is now the go-to healthy eating option for many in Birmingham.
So much so, they’re opening three storefronts in 2020. Their seasonal, produce-forward menu is designed by two-time James Beard award-winning chef, Robin Bashinsky, and is full of fresh ingredients all from local farms.
- Location: THREE blueroot storefronts are coming to Birmingham in 2020! But in the meantime, you can find blueroot goodies at Patina in Mountain Brook Village through Christmas. Or check their site for a list of local businesses who keep blueroot snacks stocked like Ignite Cycle, Practice Works or Forge at The Pizitz!
- Price Range: Gift buying on a budget? You can’t go wrong with a custom blueroot e-gift card. Whether you give $10 or $50—you’re giving thoughtfully. Plus, you’re supporting a growing Birmingham business AND local farmers!
4. Ignite Cycle
Located on the corner of Pepper Place, Ignite Cycle—Birmingham’s first and only boutique cycling studio—is killing the fitness game, and we’re not surprised. Founded earlier this year by Tiffany Martin, Ignite is more than a spin class.
It’s a place to connect with others, put your mind + body first and honestly just have fun. Martin’s described it as a “party on a bike,” and she’s not lying. Still have questions? We probably answered them already.
- Location: 224 29th St S, Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Mon. – Thurs. 5AM-8PM | Fri. 5AM-1:15PM + Sat. 7AM-12PM | Check out their schedule to get more info about specific ride times!
- Price Range: Prices start low as $18 per ride to $2000 for One Year Unlimited (which saves more than $1600)! They also offer Month-to-Month Packages. Get more pricing deets on their site.
- Specials: You can purchase an Ignite gift card for different ride packages starting at a single $22 ride to a 20-ride pack for $340!
5. Ecam and Co.
What started as a fun hobby and a way to relieve stress creatively, is now Elizabeth Cameron’s full time gig. Cameron, ecam and co. founder, uses old wine and liquor bottles and turns them into beautiful and deliciously scented soy candles. She works out of MAKEbhm, and even gives candle-making classes every month.
- Location: Find ecam and co. candles at these retail locations around Birmingham including Square One Goods in Founders Station and Illuminated Candle Bar in Mountain Brook!
- Contact: Have a special candle request? Contact them for all your smell good soy candle needs.
- Price Range: Usually prices range from $9-$32 of the candles already in stock. But you can also send in your own bottles to have a custom candle made. That price would depend on the size of the container.
- Specials: Their signature collection is super affordable, and you can order them in the ecam tins or in bottles. Can’t decide on a scent? You can’t go wrong with a gift card.
LeNell’s Beverage Boutique is Birmingham’s one-stop-shop when it comes to wine, liquor and cocktail shopping around town. The shop opened in June 2018 in Birmingham’s historic Norwood neighborhood, and has been killing it ever since.
Alabama native, LeNell Camacho Santa Ana, came back to the ‘Ham after making a name for herself in New York—and we’re so glad she did. Tastings are hosted often, and you can follow them on Facebook to stay in the loop.
- Location: 1208 32nd St N, Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Mon.- Sun. 12-9PM
- Price Range: It varies by product, which you can browse in store with the help of their knowledgeable staff.
- Specials: They update their Facebook and Instagram often with fun gift sets, new products, recipe ideas and upcoming events! Bonus: They also offer non-alcoholic products—there’s genuinely something for everyone.
Stone Hollow Farmstead was founded in 1999 and is family-owned and operated by mother-daughter team, Deborah Stone and Alexandra Stone Flowers, and their families. This family business is bringing natural products to Birmingham straight from the farm. From cheese and honey, to botanicals and cosmetic extracts—you’ll find some of the most lovely gifts on their shelves.
- Location: FarmStand Birmingham @ Pepper Place | 2825 2nd Ave S, Birmingham, AL + FarmStand Harpersville on HWY 280 | 5327 US-280, Harpersville, AL
- Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9AM-7PM | Sat. 7AM-4PM
- Price Range: The range varies—you can get a $12 can of preserves or a six foot charcuterie board for $340. Shop all of their products online, or visit one of their two locations to find lovely gifts from the farm + local makers.
- Specials: Their holiday gift boxes are great if you just can’t decide on the perfect gift (because let’s be real, it’s all too perfect to pick just one thing.)
California Country Organics are body care products handmade by the lovely Tracey Kennedy, a Birmingham transplant whose goal is to create organic beauty solutions and alternatives. Her products are all natural, and range from mud clay toothpaste to bug spray. Read all about her “unicorn magic in a jar” in our latest write-up!
- Location: Tracey Kennedy is currently based in Leeds, but plans on moving to Ensley in the coming year to open a “The Modern Day Cracker Barrel—A restaurant/retail space designed by Birmingham makers that gives back to the community as well.” So, keep an eye out!
- Price Range: Shop their hair collection + skin and teeth collection from $6-$20, and shop gift boxes from $32-$130 all online.
- Specials: Kennedy is doing important work in Birmingham with her Change a Heart, Change a Life Campaign. Over the next year, she will partner with local businesses to raise money for five areas of the most vulnerable of Birmingham. The first fundraiser benefits The WellHouse, a home welcoming all women who have been sexually exploited through human trafficking. They are aiming to raise 40,000 by Jan. 20, and you can donate here.
Founded by Allie Weingarten, True40 is a boutique fitness studio that provides workouts for all ages and fitness levels. The low-impact and high powered workouts mix cardio bursts, controlled movements and stretching.
Their goal is to build community, and their clients’ physical and mental strength while staying true to themselves. They have locations in Birmingham, Auburn, Tuscaloosa and Atlanta.
- Location: Cahaba Heights | 3168 Heights Village Birmingham, AL + Downtown Birmingham | 2201 2nd Ave. S Unit 201 Birmingham, AL
- Hours: They fluctuate each day, but you can check the schedules for the Cahaba Heights + Downtown location for class times.
- Price Range at Cahaba Location: You can pay as little as $20 for a Single Class and up to $1350 for 12 Months Unlimited. They also offer monthly packages and childcare. Get more pricing deets on their site.
- New Client Specials: New clients can get 4 Classes for $40 (compared to 5 Classes for $90) or 1 Month Unlimited for $99 (compared to 1 Month Unlimited for $185)! What a steal.
*All prices vary by location. The prices listed above reflect those of the Cahaba Heights location. Get the Downtown True40 pricing here.
10. The Essential
The Essential, an all-day cafe and bar located on the historic Morris Avenue in Founders Station, is a local foodie favorite. Chefs Kristen Hall and Victor King, formerly of Feast and Forest, opened The Essential in 2018, and bring comfort and calm to the hustle and bustle of downtown life. Their menu is delicious, and don’t even get me started on the pop tarts.
- Location: 2018 Morris Ave Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Mon-Fri 7-10PM | Sat 9AM-10PM | Sun 9AM-2PM
- Price Range: The range varies by menu, and menus are subject to change. You can also purchase a custom gift card at both The Essential—and their sister shop, Bandit Pâtisserie—the perfect gift for the foodie in your life.
- Specials: Treat a friend to The Essential’s pasta happy hour from 5-6PM every Mon.-Sat. And keep up with them on Instagram for daily + weekly specials!
Square One Goods Co., located in Founders Station downtown, is one of Birmingham’s most unique gift shops. There you’ll find all things BHM, fun stationary, knick knacks, local maker products and more brands you’ve probably never heard of but wish you had.
Square One is one of my favorite places to pop in for a quick gift because everything is so unique and personal. Founded in 2017 by Kate Hardy, this small shop with a big personality has stolen Birmingham’s heart—and also mine!
- Location: 2015 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL
- Hours: Tues.-Fri. 11AM-7PM | Sat. 10AM-7PM | Sun. 10AM-5PM | Closed Monday
- Price Range: Product pricing varies, but overall the shop is super affordable! You can shop some of their signature collection online, but you’ll find a much broader selection of local makers + curated brands in store.
- Specials: Follow them on Instagram for daily product highlights and for the best Birmingham inspired gift inspo!
Supporting more women-owned businesses this holiday shopping season? Share them with us on social @BhamNow!