It’s time for REV Birmingham‘s 5th annual “The Big Pitch.” During the event, five local startups will compete to show how their idea will improve downtown Birmingham. Learn more about the five contestants!
What is The Big Pitch?
In order to win, finalists must demonstrate three values:
- Impact: How will the business concept or growth affect downtown or neighborhood vibrancy?
- Viability: Who’s the competition? How will the business meet customer needs and drive demand over time?
- Prize Plan: How would the Big Pitch prize money be applied to help the business move forward?
“Throughout the Big Pitch process and even beyond the live event, REV and our sponsors, mentors and service providers will support these entrepreneurs as they work toward their dreams.”David Fleming, REV CEO and President
Meet the 2019 Big Pitch Finalists
1. Blueroot Co.
- Who: Jennifer Ryan
- What: Since Blueroot Co. is focused on nutrient-rich produce, owner Jennifer Ryan showcases the best that local farmers have to offer. In addition, Blueroot Co. even operated as a Pepper Place pop-up this summer.
2. Elysian Gardens
- Who: William and Kelly Colburn of Iron Age Studio.
- What: Since Avondale is in the midst of a renaissance, Elysian Gardens is looking to build upon that. Elysian Gardens will be a community sculpture park featuring art, music, & food.
3. Encore Rouge
- Who: Antoinne and Shantale Davis
- What: While they serve authentic Cajun dishes from their food truck, Encore Rouge is working towards a brick and mortar restaurant.
4. Relaxation Room
- Who: Adrian Ward
- What: Massage therapist Adrian Ward has plans to create the Relaxation Room, where you can sit in a massage chair, put on virtual goggles, and take a trip to a peaceful place.
- Who: Bonventure Akinlosotu and Joseph Bradely
- What: Since their debut in Avondale, Sidekicks has been driving Birmingham’s sneaker culture. Now, Sidekicks is looking to grow their shop into a boutique-style smart store.
Live Pitch Competition
If you’d like to attend The Big Pitch, purchase a ticket online. But, you better act fast. Tickets are going fast, and the sales end on November 20th.