Read Time 3 Minutes
If you’ve driven down 5th Avenue South in Avondale recently, from downtown toward Avondale Park, you’ve probably noticed a sweet new development going in on the right-hand side. All those white houses make up Cottages on Fifth. Read on to learn more about all the ways we love this place.
1. Cottages on Fifth is really centrally located
Take a look at this little map we made. Cottages on Fifth is between the two blue house icons. All the other blue teardrops are cool places anyone living there might want to go. These include the following—all a stone’s throw away:
- Avondale Brewing—and all the other hip happening things in Avondale, including the park. In fact, it’s walking distance to 41st Street.
- Forest Park—restaurants and shopping, anyone? All within walking distance.
- Pepper Place and Lakeview—a flat 5-minute bike ride away
- Downtown Birmingham—speaks for itself, also a quick, flat bike ride away
- UAB Hospital—in case you’re a medical person who wants a quick commute
- Ruffner Mountain—great for hiking
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport—10 minutes away
And that’s just the beginning. We could have gone on, but that should give you an idea of some of the places that are really close to Cottages on Fifth.
2. This could be your living room
Being out and about in the bustle of the city is fun, and then it’s nice to just come home and relax with friends or family in your own cozy living room. These cottages are designed to give you an intimate feel right in the heart of Avondale. What better place to curl up with a good book by the fire or entertain friends?
3. The kitchens open right into the dining area
I love my home. And if there’s one thing I could change, it would be this. Having an island where people can eat or visit while you’re cooking, and a kitchen that opens out into the dining area, is my all-time dream. Probably higher than a built-in hot tub, though that would be nice.
4. The bedrooms are just lovely
There’s nothing like a simple, elegant bedroom that serves as a sanctuary from everyday life. Cottages on Fifth nailed it.
5. You get lush landscaping without having to do yardwork
Homeowners get the benefit of lush outside areas without any of the work. Monthly Homeowners’ Association (HOA) dues of $55 take care of all that. Buh-bye, lawn mower. Hello, free time.
6. Well-built, energy efficient, high-tech homes
One of the awesome things about going into a new home like this is that you don’t have to worry about the types of problems older homes bring. Meaning, no leaky roofs or cracked foundations here. And, when they built here, they pretty much thought of everything.
According to developer Charley Duggan, these homes are “extremely well-built, brand new houses with the latest in energy efficiency. Their Home Efficiency Rating (HERS) score is 58, which is incredibly energy efficient. Even the gas lanterns outside are controlled by Bluetooth.”
7. There are only three units left
Each home has an 1,800 square foot, compact 2-story floor plan with lots of closet and storage space.
Of the original three floorplans available, they still have the following:
- Two Avondales at $419,900 each
- One Steele at $449,900 each
According to developer Charley Duggan, the “cost is less than some homes in the neighborhood, and less than half the cost of cluster homes off Highland Avenue. Buyers have included empty-nesters, UAB med school residents and young professionals.”
You can find more details here.
If living close to everything in an adorable cottage sounds like your cup of tea, you need to check out Cottages on Fifth. Or, you can contact their sales team directly: Petra Pryor is at 205-616-5900, and Lisa Powell is at 205-907-0826.