It’s that time again, Birmingham! Every Monday we’re bringing you the hottest news you might have missed from the past week. This time, we’ve got tons of new openings, plus, a few familiar faces that made their way to the small screen. Keep reading for all the details.
1. Check out Birmingham’s East Lake neighborhood in A&E’s “Flipping Down South,” starting Sat, Mar 12, 11AM
Flipping Down South, a new show on A&E premiered this weekend, with Birmingham’s East Lake neighborhood taking center stage. The show follows the Apollo Property Group and Flip Apollo as they buy homes that aren’t in great shape and flip them into beautiful, affordable living spaces. Their goal is “to revitalize neglected neighborhoods through beautiful, low-cost housing.” Catch the show on Saturdays on A&E at 11AM Central.
We’ve got a whole roundup of openings for you. Here are a few highlights:
- Effie’s—The popular Tuscaloosa boutique has a new location open in Downtown Homewood.
- Munchie’s Bar and Grill—Located on 5th Ave in a former gas station, serving up classic bar food and delicious drinks.
- Brock’s Gap Brewing Co.—A brand new brewery in Hoover with a rotating food truck and plenty of outdoor space.
- Quake Plus Size—A sustainable boutique with creative fashion inclusive to all sizes, shapes and genders.
Check out the full list here.
I know my deal-hunters are excited for this one: Burlington is opening a new location in Bessemer. Their grand opening event will be full of fun giveaways and deals all day. Plus, at the ribbon-cutting ceremony, Burlington will be presenting a $5,000 donation to Greenwood Elementary School, through AdoptAClassroom.org.
- When: Friday, March 18th
- Hours: Mon.-Sun 8AM-11PM | Opening at 8AM, ceremony beginning at 7:45AM
- Where: Tannehill Promenade—4835 Promenade Parkway, Bessemer, AL 35022
Birmingham’s fave spot to grab dishes from across the pond, Little London Kitchen, got their second TV spotlight on the Cooking Channel. The show, Food Paradise: Extra Crispy features delectable fried eats across the country, so naturally they had to give Little London’s popular fish and chips a try. You can catch the episode for yourself, streaming soon on Discovery+.
That’s all we’ve got for today! Have a great week, Bham.
Don’t miss a beat—sign up for our free daily newsletter delivered straight to your inbox.