Get ready to celebrate the next few days because there is more excitement happening in Birmingham than you’ll know what to do with. Here’s what’s ahead, September 10-12.
This Weekend in The Magic City
A 20-year remembrance
Saturday, September 11 marks the 20th anniversary of 9/11. Here’s how you can honor this significant day in Birmingham.
Wow, what a deal!
Seeking deals on children and baby items? You’re in luck, because the Giggles & Grace Consignment Sale is back this weekend. Score amazing deals on kids’ clothing + shoes, baby essentials like car seats and strollers, and more. Visit the sale Friday, September 10 from 8AM-6PM and Saturday, September 11 from 8AM-Noon. Admission is free.
A weekend spent exploring Birmingham?
Sign me up! This Friday-Saturday, September 10-11, head downtown to 20th Street for Bham Artwalk. During the event, discover work from local artists, while enjoying food, live music, kids’ activities and more. Additional info here. Admission is free.
Local bands, good eats, community and… bike jousting doughnut eaters? TrimTab Brewing Company’s very first BirmingFAM event is Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 11-12, and it’s guaranteed to be a rad time. Learn more + purchase tickets.
Holy plants, Batman
Is your garden ready for its fall tune up? Go plant wild this Saturday, September 11 from 8AM-2PM during the Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens Fall Plant Sale. Admission is free. Check out what’s in store + pro tips. Sponsored by Birmingham Botanical Gardens
Get pumped, y’all!
Trussville City Fest takes over Downtown Trussville on Saturday, September 11. This annual festival offers it all with delicious food, amazing vendors, a cornhole tournament, live music from top-level bands AND MORE. The excitement begins at 9AM and lasts all day. Admission is free.
It’s all about that TEAL
Saturday, September 25 marks the Head Over Teal 5K/10K—an annual race that helps raise awareness and funding to provide GYN cancer programs to women, patients and caregivers. This year’s event will take place at 8AM at The Preserve in Hoover and will feature fall-themed family activities, food, drinks + more. Strollers and leashed pets are welcome, so bring them along. Show your support—register now.
More to Discover
- Friday-Sunday, September 10-12: Get pumped! 43 new home listings with RealtySouth.
- Friday, September 10: Tune Up for City Fest @ Trussville Entertainment District Stage. 9PM. Admission is free.
- Saturday, September 11: Museum Ball @ Birmingham Museum of Art. Reservations – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, September 12: Pilates & Pints @ Ferus Artisan Ales – Trussville. 10AM.
- Sunday, September 12: Battle of the Blues Bands @ Iron City. 2-11PM.
- Sunday, September 12: Heart Gallery Classic – Birmingham Barons @ Regions Field. 4PM. $25-$75. Tickets.
Find more events in Now the Weekend—Video Edition.
- Saturday, September 17-Saturday, December 11: Marking Time: Art in the Age of Mass Incarceration @ AEIVA.
- Saturday, September 18: Water is a Resource 2021 @ McWane Science Center. General Admission. Tickets.
- Saturday, September 18: National UNCF Virtual Walk for Education. Register.
- Saturday, September 18: Paws for the Cause 5K & 1 Mile Tail Waggin’ Trek@ Spain Park Sports Complex. 8:30AM. 5K – $30, Fun Run – $25, Sleep In – $30, Combined 5K/Fun Run – $50. Register.
- Saturday, September 18: St. Jude Virtual Walk/Run. Register. Donate.
- Saturday, September 18: Rockfest 2021 @ Ghost Train Brewing Co. Noon-10PM. Admission is free. Register.
- Saturday, September 18: Oktoberfest @ Cahaba Brewing Co. Noon-10PM. Admission is free.
- Sunday, September 19: Earthbound’s Earthfest benefiting Black Warrior River Keeper @ Avondale Brewing Co.2-8PM. $5 suggested donation.
- Sunday, September 19: The Engaged Collective @ The Haven. 2-4PM. $10. RSVP.
Deal of the week
Get 10% off at Magic City Coffee Co. with code Magic10. Find more deals + add your own to our Small Business Guide.
For more events around Birmingham, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and sign up for our FREE newsletter.