Holiday shopping can be tough, especially up against the wire! Luckily, Birmingham has a ton of local options for gifts. Here are some ideas on what to get dad for Christmas!
1. Give Him a Hand With Fashion
At some point in the dad evolution, fashion becomes an afterthought. Luckily, there are a ton of local retailers with fashion-forward items.
For instance, ORE Mercantile in Avondale has several micro-retail clothing booths. From Manitou Supply’s vintage looks to the outdoor vibes of Deep Creek Trading Co., you can find the perfect style for your dad. You can even grab some Birmingham apparel from Original B’ham!
Learn more about all the retailers at ORE Mercantile.
2. Take Him on a Musical Journey
For a lot of folks, their dads grew up in an era of vinyl records and cassette tapes. Music is a wonderful medium that can transport you back in time to when you first heard that song.
To pick up some of dad’s favorite music in a vintage format, visit one of Birmingham’s 3 record stores:
- Charlemagne Record Exchange – Hurry! They are closing on December 31.
- Renaissance Records – For all your used record needs.
- Seasick Records – Carries both used and new records.
Of course, you’ll need something to play these old records on, so pop over to TomsSound for a vintage record player!
3. Grab a Gift Card from Local Breweries
It’s no secret that local craft breweries are one of Birmingham’s specialities. With so many special holiday beers, Christmas is the perfect time to introduce dad to Birmingham’s breweries with a gift card.
- Cahaba Brewing Company
- Back Forty Beer Company
- Avondale Brewing Company
- Ghost Train Brewing Company
- Birmingham District Brewing Company
- Trim Tab Brewing Company