One of our favorite Birmingham bars, Queen’s Park has been featured in Tasting Table’s “Where To Get The Best Cocktails in Every State” list. Keep reading to learn how they landed the number one spot for Alabama.
Shaken or Stirred? 🍹
Birmingham is no stranger to the delicious mixology happening in the city, so it comes as no surprise to hear that a local fave was featured as the top spot to get a cocktail in Alabama.
According to Tasting Table, the mission of this list is to prove that you don’t necessarily need to go to four-star establishments to find the perfect cocktail. Rather, it comes down to the passion and artistry a mixologist has.
They checked out small-town pubs, lounges and new-wave tiki bars around the country to choose the best in each state including Queen’s Park for Alabama.
Top of the line 👑
Queen’s Park is run by Laura Newman (one of the world’s best bartenders) and is located at 24th Street and Second Avenue North in Downtown Birmingham. Alongside its unique and crafty cocktails, the destination is infamous for its many themes and seasonal decorations—I can’t forget the fun vibes.
Here what the publication had to say:
“Named after Trinidad’s former old, European-style hotel, the bar features classic cocktails in a non-pretentious setting. The staff is warm and inviting, and are masters at the cocktail. Queen’s Park has reached such acclaim that they even play host each winter to the nationwide holiday-themed Miracle Pop-Up.”Carly Caramanna and Brett Llenos Smith, Tasting Table
- Location: 112 24th St N #102, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday + Sunday 4 PM-12 AM | Friday-Saturday 4 PM-2 AM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
Want to learn more about Queen’s Park?
Check out our previous stories to stay up-to-date with the bar:
- Celebrate #FruitCocktailDay with the sweetest cocktails in Birmingham
- 20 woman-owned restaurants in Birmingham you have to try
- 15 Peppermint Drinks to try in Birmingham right now + other Holiday Cocktails
- Birmingham’s Queen’s Park owner is the first woman to win U.S. bartender of the year title
Which cocktail from Queen’s Park is your favorite? Tag us @BhamNow and let us know.