Want to score some bonus points with your SO this holiday season? Shop local to dazzle them. We gathered some of the best local shops in Birmingham for you to visit—check it out.
For the local art enthusiaists
Art Hub-the Collective
Support lesser-known artists, so you can get that special art piece for your home. Shop local on their online store. You’ll find all types of products, from prints and canvases to jewelry.
Love vintage + glam? Then you should shop local at Charm, the ultimate shop for timeless pieces. They have jewelry, fun mittens and enamel pins. It’s THE place for your artsy friends.
Did I mention that they have a new store downtown? You should check it out!
Your artsy friend will defo want to visit this shop. Come down to Birmingham Oddities to check out all the weird art and things you’ll want in your home.
- Birmingham Oddities: Facebook
- Hours: Thursday-Sunday 10AM-8PM
- Location: 101 23rd St N, Birmingham, AL
This one goes out to the local shop-a-holic
The Pink Tulip is one of the cutest local boutiques here in the Magic City. Their inventory is always changing with the latest trends, so be sure to stop by for the winter collection!
Bridge + Root
Want the trendiest men’s fashion in the ‘Ham? Browse their collection of unique socks and fun bow ties. You should shop their flannels, especially if you love soft ones.
America’s Thrift Stores (shop local THRIFT edition)
We love a sustainable and affordable shopping experience. Shop local at America’s Thrift Store. You’ll find your very own Bham clothing style. You’re also bound to find an antique piece—like a painting or glassware.
- America’s Thrift Stores: Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Hours: Birmingham, Bessemer — Monday-Saturday 8AM-9PM, Sunday 11AM-7PM | Gardendale — Monday-Saturday 8AM-9PM, Sunday 12-7PM | Alabaster — Monday-Saturday 8AM-9PM, Sunday 10AM-8PM
- Location: Birmingham — 1125 Huffman Rd, Birmingham, AL 35215 | Bessemer — 528A West Town Plaza, Bessemer, AL 35020 | Gardendale — 1315 Decatur Hwy, Gardendale, AL 35071 | Alabaster — 218 2nd Ave SW, Alabaster, AL 35007
Hello booklovers, let’s shop local
Thank You Books
I’ll admit, I might have both of these tote bags. Thank You Books in a small and quiet little bookstore in Crestwood. Don’t sleep on their merch either. They have “Thank You Birmingham” shirts and cute souvenir-like items that are perfect for gifts.
- Thank You Books: Website | Instagram | Facebook
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-6PM | Sunday 12-5PM
- Location: 5502B Crestwood Blvd, Birmingham, AL
Burdock Book Collective (shop local pop-up edition)
Meet Birmingham’s intersectional feminist bookstore. It’s also a small community space that launched back in August 2018. They even have their own curation of books, art and pins. Check them out!
- Burdock Book Collective: Website | Instagram | Facebook
- Hours: Wed-Thurs, 3PM-7PM
- Location: 4413 5th Avenue South Birmingham, Alabama
Jim Reed Books
The shop is completely covered in towers of books. In fact, it’s also known as “The Museum of Fond Memories.”
Check out our guide to the wonders of his store.
- Jim Reed Books: Website
- Hours: Tuesday-Friday 10:30AM-5:30PM | Saturday 11AM-4PM
- Location: 2021 3rd Ave N, Birmingham, AL
Missed your fave local shop? Check out our huge database of local biz.
Let us know what you got locally! Follow and tag us on social @bhamnow.