Pencil (or paint) in their grand opening 🎨
According to his website, Scott Miller plans to open the gallery on June 11, 2021. Scott Miller Projects will represent local, national and international artists.
“I’ve led collectors and students on art-related travel to Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Miami, Chicago, New York etc. and I have been helping place major works in private and institutional collections throughout the U.S., Europe and Canada.
My new journey begins with my own gallery. It has been a dream of mine for a very long time. You could say it has been 30 years in the making.”Scott Miller, Owner and Operator, Scott Miller Projects
- Address: 2212 Morris Avenue, Suite 103, Birmingham, Alabama 35203
- Hours: Monday by appointment | Tuesday-Saturday 10AM-5PM
- Contact: 205.307.9673 | Email | Facebook | Website | Instagram
An à la carte menu of tenants
Just like the bagel, Mercantile on Morris has a little bit of everything. Meet Morris’ newest neighbors:
- Hide & Hunter is a local leather goods retailer creating one-of-a-kind bags. The storefront at Mercantile on Morris will be the brand’s first brick and mortar.
- Bridge & Root is a retailer that’s curating a great menswear boutique with pieces you can’t find anywhere else. The owner, Aisha Taylor, wants to share pieces with a classic edge and modern funk.
- Cannella Gelato & Cafe will offer homemade sorbet, gelato, baked goods and coffee.
- Pizza Grace, from award-winning chef Ryan Westover, will serve delicious pizzas and dinner offerings.
Cue Countdown by Beyoncé
We are marking the days on our calendars until Mercantile on Morris opens in downtown Birmingham. Here’s what you need to know in the meantime:
- Location: 2212 Morris Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Capacity: 47 condominium units & 12,000+ square feet of retail space
- Developer: Orchestra Partners
- Architect & contractor: Creature