We know, working from home (or bedroom) can be a little boring sometimes. Whether you began working from home in 2020 or it’s always been a part of your job description, change up the everyday by checking out these coworking spaces in Birmingham.
This guide was originally created in May 2021 and was last updated in May 2022.
Workspace is Pelham’s new flexible office space, and it has everything you need for a successful day on the job. Memberships include general coworking, reserved private desks and even private and team offices.
- Location: 201 Cahaba Valley Parkway, Pelham, AL 35214
- Price: Memberships start at $50 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 659.204.4330
2. Forge at The Pizitz
- Location: 120 19th St N Ste 200, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Price: Memberships start at $189 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.870.7558
3. The Hub
The Hub has been providing bright collaboration options to Birmingham workers for six years. Located in West Homewood, they offer indoor and outdoor community workspaces, plus free SEEDS coffee.
- Location: 174 Oxmoor Rd, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Price: Memberships start at $150 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.968.1231
4. Practice Works
Practice Works is a unique coworking community that’s designed to help businesses in all stages of growth. They foster a community of therapists with a variety of skills so professionals can serve their clients.
- Location: 2208 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Price: Memberships start at $49 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.506.6100
5. SocialVenture is a coworking space in Birmingham + a REV Birmingham initiative
SocialVenture is a coworking and meeting space from REV Birmingham in the heart of Woodlawn. You can choose to spend one day at their community tables or rent a desk or office space on a monthly basis.
- Location: 5529 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35212
- Price: Day Passes – $25 per day | Personal Desk Memberships – $275 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.595.0562
6. WORX BHM
At WORX BHM, you can set up shop in luxury office suites or their community spaces. No matter which membership you choose, everything is included, from free coffee to 24/7 access.
- Location: 342 Commons Dr, Birmingham, AL 35209 | 2081 Columbiana Rd, Vestavia, AL 35216
- Price: Day passes – $25 per day | Memberships start at $150 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.379.6023
7. The Lindsey Building
The Lindsey Building offers coworking options in Vestavia with the convenience of a location near 280 and a fun community atmosphere. Did someone say bocce ball?
- Location: 2828 Old 280 Ct, Vestavia Hills, AL 35243
- Price: Dedicated desks start at $250 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.497.3284
Located in The Riverchase Galleria, Werkplās offers 53 workstations, 10 personal offices and a conference room.
- Location: 3000 Riverchase Galleria, Ste 1500, Hoover, AL 35244
- Price: Full day at a walk-up desk – $30 | Other prices vary
- Website | Facebook | 205.578.8505
9. Orchard House
Orchard House is a boutique coworking space for women. Their location includes private mini offices, phone booths, a photo studio and more.
- Location: 3504 7th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Price: Day passes – $10 per day | Coworking memberships cost $150/month, while private offices cost $500/month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
Coworking spaces in Birmingham aren’t just limited to deskspace. MAKEbhm is a makerspace in Avondale with studios such as print and ceramics on the first floor and coworking on the second floor.
- Location: 4000 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Price: Memberships start at $120 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.295.6233
11. Red Mountain Makers offers a coworking space in Birmingham for makers
Red Mountain Makers is another Birmingham makerspace with dedicated spaces for woodworking, ceramics, forging, 3D printing and more.
- Location: 5502 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35212
- Price: Memberships start at $40 per month
- Website | Facebook | Instagram | 205.588.4077
The Workshop meeting space is the perefect place for team meetings The possibilities for use of the space include business meetings, training sessions, photoshoots and small events. There’s a lounge area, a kitchenette and fridge, Samsung Smart TV, speakers and WiFi.
- Location: 186 Oxmoor Road, No. 220, Homewood, AL 35209
- Price: $100 for an hour rental | $300 for a half-day (4 hours) rental | $600 for the full day (8 hours)
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
13. SUCCESS Space bringing two locations to Birmingham
SUCCESS Space is coming to Birmingham soon with TWO locations. The company aims to support professionals closer to home and meet the needs of entrepreneurs and professionals. Their coworking concept will offer rent-by-the-minute office space, full-service cafes and onsite professional coaching.
Be on the lookout for their new locations!
Want to give multiple coworking spaces a try? Check out the Birmingham Coworking Collective.
With the Birmingham Coworking Collective, you can purchase a passport that allows you to try eight different coworking spaces before committing. The collaboration includes:
- The Hub
- Innovation Depot
- Practice Works
What’s your favorite coworking spot in Birmingham? Let us know by tagging @BhamNow!
Contributors to this guide include Cecilia Wood and Callie Puryear.