From adorable bungalows to delicious restaurants, West Homewood continues to grow with new businesses and opportunities. For what’s newly opened to what’s coming soon, we’ve got the details.
Though COVID-19 has brought about some difficulties when it comes to working outside the home, co-working spaces continue to be a popular concept for local companies and entrepreneurs. One of the newest is The Hub, located in West Homewood.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur just starting your business or an established company seeking a focused workspace for remote employees, The Hub is a great option with an ideal location.
I predict many new business ventures will be getting their start at this West Homewood space. Don’t you?
The Little London
When a 1968 vintage red double-decker bus drives by in Birmingham—you take notice. And that’s exactly what happened for the Dutchess, home of Little London Kitchen’s restaurant on wheels.
Charming inside and out with a British-themed menu, the restaurant gained an instant following from Magic City locals.
Now, Little London Kitchen has a new place to dine—brick-and-mortar-style. Say hello to The Little London, one of the newest restaurants to open in West Homewood.
What can you expect? The same scrumptious eats, that’s what. From sausage rolls and fish ‘n’ chips to Yorkshire puddings, this is sure to be top on your eat-out list.
- Where: 162 Oxmoor Rd, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: Wednesday-Sunday 11-8PM
- Contact: 205.249.1937
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
More businesses that currently have a nook in West Homewood
- Seed’s Coffee Company. This local nonprofit coffee organization serves great coffee while giving back to the community.
- Ash Restaurant. For southern favorites like fried green tomatoes and BBQ chicken and grits, this is The Spot.
- Pizzeria GM: There’s pizza and then there’s PIZZA. For the best of the bunch, check out Pizzeria GM for that cheesy slide + salads, sandwiches + more.
- Nexus Fitness: Right next to the 186 Building, the Nexus Fitness CrossFit gym is the perfect place to work off the calories.
- Patriot Park + West Homewood Community Pool: Patriot Park sports a fairly new remodel with updates to their community pool + splash pad.
A neighborhood wine shop, market and takeaway cafe? Sounds like the perfect addition to West Homewood. Welcome, Buka—a new concept by the owners of Woodlawn Cycle Cafe.
Located in the newly-renovated 186 Building on Oxmoor Road, the shop will offer market options like meats, cheeses, fresh bread and house-made spreads.
Expected Opening Date: December 2020
- Where: 186 Oxmoor Rd, Homewood, AL 35209
Love fast food, but wish it was healthier? Don’t we all. Here’s something to look forward to. This December, Homewood Nutrition brings a healthy “fast food” to West Homewood with meal replacement shakes, loaded tea options and other nutritious products.
“We chose West Homewood because of how supportive the community is, the pride the City of Homewood has and how loving the people are.”
Expected Opening Date: Mid-December 2020
- Where: 709 Oak Grove Rd, Homewood AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:30AM-6PM | Saturday, 8:30AM-3PM
- Contact: 205.332.0303
- Facebook | Instagram
So about that 186 building…
Once a self-service carwash, the building fell into disrepair over the years. But, this changed when now new owner Ignite Properties took over.
They gave the 186 a much-needed facelift, turning a once run-down carwash into a thriving modern office. Click here for some wow-worthy before and after shots, plus more details on the project.
More Projects in the Works
There’s bound to be much more to come for West Homewood—especially with local real estate development firm Shannan Waltchack taking part in the action.
The company’s behind a $250K renovation of an iconic shopping center in the area that currently includes Ash Neighborhood Bar & Grill. Learn more about the project.