It’s Easter weekend, friends, which means we’ll soon hear the pop, pop, pop of colorful plastic eggs cracking open all over Birmingham. Now’s the time to get your baskets and sweet tooth ready for all the goodies to come. For good times April 2-4, scroll, scroll, scroll…
This Weekend in the Magic City
Time for a journey
Discover some of the world’s most awe-inspiring natural wonders in the film Journey into Amazing Caves at McWane Science Center’s IMAX Theater. Friday-Sunday, April 2-4 | Friday + Saturday 10:30AM + 1PM, Sunday 1PM | $9 adults, $8 kids, $8 seniors | Tickets
Celebrate Holi at Home Festival—an ancient Hindu holiday that welcomes the changing of the season. Birmingham Museum of Art is hosting a full day of virtual programs and celebrations for you to discover. Saturday, April 3 | 11AM-5PM | Tune in here
Sip + shop
Where? At the grand opening of Trussville’s new luxury wine shop La Farre. Expect door prizes, custom charcuterie boards, wine + more. Saturday, April 3 | 10AM-6PM
Oldies but goodies
Break out some peanuts and Cracker Jack for the Southern Shootout’s softball tournament. This is the longest-running LGBT+ softball tournament in the US and it’s coming to George Ward Park this weekend. Game on Saturday, April 3 and Sunday, April 4. The fun begins at 8AM both days and ends when it’s over. Look for food trucks, local vendors and don’t forget to bring your own chair. Admission – FREE
For even more going on this weekend in The Magic City, check out Now the Weekend—Video Edition.
Easter Essentials Here
In case you missed it…
- In a 79-12 vote, the Alabama House passed an alcohol home delivery bill on Thursday, April 1. Details here.
- New listings are in and we are STOKED! Find that rad pad now.
- The CDC has issued its first set of guidelines on how fully vaccinated people can visit safely with others. Here’s what they suggest.
- Birmingham Walking Tours with Vulcan Park & Museum are back with more chances than ever before to take an exciting step into the Magic City’s unique history. The first tour kicks off the weekend of April 10 + 11 on Center Street/Dynamite Hill. Register now.
- Move like a robot, venture into an underwater cave or watch a movie on a mega IMAX screen. There’s just one place where you can do all of these things and it’s at McWane Science Center. Don’t miss this bonanza of events happening this April.
- Thank your local volunteers. They’ve removed nearly 3 tons of trash from the Black Warrior Watershed in 2021. Full story.
- Looking for a safe way to relax? Here’s your guide to CBD and where to get it in Birmingham.
- The city of Hoover is working to increase its accessibility. Learn about the new and improved initiatives that are in the works.
- Collateral Cookies: 10% off order, just mention Bham Now
- Fetch! Pet Care: 10% off first service, just mention Bham Now
- Norton’s Florist: FREE DELIVERY with discount code DELIVERME