Read Time 3 Minutes
Hoover is on a roll! Did you know about these new businesses, including local establishments, that opened in the past month? Plus, take a look at who else is becoming a new neighbor in early 2020.
1. Dreamcakes Cafe
Locally owned Dreamcakes Bakery in Homewood opened its sister restaurant earlier this month. The new concept store offers a multitude of options from ice cream to various baked goods and locally roasted coffee.
Find them in the front of Ross Bridge. But, if your sweet tooth finds you while you’re at work, Dreamcakes offers delivery to you via Waitr and UBER Eats.
- Where: 3601 Market Street, Suite 101 Hoover, AL 35226
- Winter hours: Monday-Saturday 7AM-8PM , Sunday 8AM-8PM
- Contact: 205.319.9888 | Facebook | Instagram
Between the grilled cheese sandwiches and board games, it only takes one meal at MELT’s location in Avondale to take us back to our childhood. More happy days are ahead with a brand-new second location in Hoover.
So what can we expect from the new location? Will they come up with an idea even more profound than mac and cheese egg rolls? Since an official opening date has yet to be announced, you’ll just have to follow @melt_hoover on Instagram to stay updated!
- Where: 5219 Peridot Place Hoover, AL 35244
- Contact: Website
3. 150 and Main
If you’re in the mood for authentic Southern comfort food with a little taste of the Gulf, 150 and Main has you covered. The local restaurant opened in early December and will host a Grand Opening on January 7.
It serves brunch, lunch and dinner with Southern favorites like fried green tomatoes and fresh seafood such as Gulf Coast oysters. Fun fact: Managing Partner Gary McGee also owns The Gray Lady bar in Tuscaloosa.
- Where: 150 Main St. Hoover, AL 35244
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 11AM-9PM, Friday & Saturday 11AM-10PM, Sunday 10:30AM-3PM
- Contact: 205.855.2001 | Instagram | Menu + Reservations
4. UAB Medicine Hoover Primary and Specialty Care
Located in Stadium Trace Village, UAB’s new medical center makes doctor visits a lot more convenient for Hoover residents. The outpatient center started seeing patients December 16.
- Where: 501 Emery Drive West Hoover, AL 35244
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM
- Contact: 205.989.7254 | Website
5. Mooyah Burgers, Fries & Shakes
She’s here and with a new look. The milkshake and burger chain, which already features two locations in Birmingham, is coming to Hoover in early 2020. It’s one of 14 that will showcase a new design.
6. Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar
You don’t have to wait until Mardis Gras to try the Louisiana-based restaurant—it opened in early December! Find all your favorite game day food here like fried pickles and boneless wings. Or—try its Louisiana-inspired dishes such as the shrimp poboy or alligator.
- Where: 6401 Tattersall, Alston Park Dr. Hoover, AL 35242
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11AM-11PM, Friday & Saturday 11AM-12AM
- Contact: 205.538.2700 | Facebook | Menu
7. Super Chix
I really can’t think of a better way to start my new year than with The Last True Chicken Sandwich. Super Chix’s chicken has a cult-like following and come January 1 we can see what the hype is all about.
Need some more good news? The restaurant is hiring, just text Zeel Zaveri at 410.800.8404 to set up an interview.
- Where: 1024 Marble Terrace Suite 102 Hoover, AL 35244
- Hours: 10:30AM-9:00PM Sunday-Thursday, 10:30AM-10PM Friday-Saturday 10:30AM-10PM
- Contact: 410.800.8404 | Facebook | Menu