Aiming to eat a little healthier in 2020? We are too, but we know it can be hard to fit shopping and meal prep into a busy Birmingham schedule.
Here are 5 of our favorite restaurants serving up healthy eats in Birmingham. Plus, how to get them delivered right to your door with FREE delivery using code “BHAMNOW” on Waitr.
Get a Head Start on Your New Year’s Resolutions With a Little Help From Waitr 🎉
We’re all for making tangible New Year’s resolutions and goals—especially when they involve eating yummy food + supporting local Birmingham businesses. And who ever said takeout was just greasy pizza anyway?
Eating healthy just got easier—and there’s not a dirty dish in sight. Marvelous. Keep reading to see 5 of our favorite healthy Birmingham eats to order with Waitr.
1. Kale Me Crazy 🥬
- Location: 1831 28th Ave S Suite 106, Homewood, AL
- Waitr Delivery Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 8AM-8PM | Fri. + Sat. 9AM-8PM | Sun. 9AM-6PM
- What to Order: Their açaí bowls are *chef’s kiss* delicious. Definitely a must-try.
2. Farm Bowl + Juice Co. 🍌🥑🍓
If you’re feeling something light, but filling—Farm Bowl Juice Co. is your answer. Their menu consists of açaí bowls, oatmeal bowls, juices, smoothies and wellness shots. My favorite part? All in-season ingredients are sourced from Alabama farmers.
- Location: 1920 29th Ave S, Homewood, AL
- Waitr Delivery Hours: Mon.-Fri. 7AM-7PM | Sat.-Sun. 8AM-7PM
- What to Order: Build your own bowl! You can add up to 5 toppings + extras like Spirulina or Matcha Powder.
3. Roll Up 🍣
Sushi is some of my favorite takeout, and Roll Up’s sushi selection is A-1. They also have ramen, salad + sushi bowls and sushi burritos. So many yummy options and you can build it all yourself.
- Location: 707 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd S #102, Birmingham, AL
- Waitr Delivery Hours: Mon.-Fri. 11AM-9PM | Sat. CLOSED | Sun. 11AM-8PM
- What to Order: The Salad Bowl—SO YUM. It’s a traditional sushi bowl, minus the carbs with protein, veggies and your choice toppings.
If you’re looking for delicious and authentic Mediterranean food, you need to try Eli’s Jerusalem Grill. They have two locations in Birmingham, and serve up fresh, homemade Israeli eats. Their Vegetarian Plate is honestly one of the most beautiful meals I’ve ever seen with a taste to match, and I hear their homemade soups is pretty good too.
- Location: Inverness | 4673 US-280, Birmingham, AL + The Pizitz | 1821 Second Avenue North, Birmingham, AL
- Waitr Delivery Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10:30AM-9PM | Sun. 11AM-8PM
- What to Order: The Vegetarian Plate is a winner. It includes 6 falafels, hummus, salads, rice + couscous and of course homemade pita. *drools*
*The hours listed refer the their 280 location. Visit The Pizitz’s site for their other location’s hours.
5. Urban Cookhouse 🥗
You’ve probably seen Urban Cookhouse around town. With locations in Crestline, Homewood, The Summit and Downtown, it’s obviously a Birmingham favorite. Their menu is fresh and features items sourced directly from Alabama farmers.
- Location: The Summit | 250 Summit Blvd Suite 102 Birmingham, AL (They also have Birmingham locations in Crestline, Homewood and Downtown.)
- Waitr Delivery Hours (For the Summit Location): Wed.-Mon. 10AM-8:30PM | Tues. 10AM-4PM *Hours vary by location. Check each on the Waitr site.
- What to Order: The Berry Good Salad + Wrap—the name couldn’t be more accurate. It’s berrrrrrry good.
Have more local restaurants in mind? Let us know your favorite healthy eats in Birmingham on social @BhamNow!
Want to read more about the best eats to order from Waitr?We’ve got ya covered. Check out our guides to ordering to Birmingham breweries, the best BBQ in Birmingham, move night takeout and more!
And make sure to use Code “BHAMNOW” for free delivery. 👏👏👏