Calling all chocolate lovers! Today is YOUR day. Grab your truffles, bars, and bonbons—October 28 is National Chocolate Day, and we’re ready to celebrate with deliciously decadent treats made right here in Birmingham. Check out four local chocolatiers where you can get your chocolate fix!
Chocolatá Artisanal Chocolates uses single origin chocolate that is ethically sourced from 100% Latin American farms.
Their slogan claims that Chocolatá products offer “a taste of the divine” and after one bite of their hand-crafted bonbons, we’re pretty sure you’ll agree.
- Address: 1927 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Tues-Thurs, 11AM-6PM | Fri, 11AM-8PM | Sat, 11AM-3PM
2. The Birmingham Candy Company
The Birmingham Candy Company is a family-owned business that never uses processed ingredients in their products.
They moved to the Pizitz Food Hall earlier this year, which means they’re right downstairs from our home base at Bham Now. It’s a dangerous distance, but hey—we’re not complaining.
- Address: 1821 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Mon-Sat, 11AM-8PM | Sun 11AM-3PM
3. Honeycreeper Chocolate
Honeycreeper Chocolate offers bean-to-bar and small-batch craft chocolate, created using sustainable cacao from around the world.
They make it easy to purchase delicious gifts for everyone on your list—and who doesn’t love chocolate? Honeycreeper just released their latest holiday gift guide, and you can check it out here.
- Address: 2026 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Tues-Wed, 11AM-6PM | Thurs-Fri, 11AM-7PM | Sat, 10AM-4PM | Sun 10AM-2PM
4. Match Chocolate
Match Chocolate takes cocoa beans and thoughtfully crafts chocolate with a sense of place, highlighting the natural flavors of different parts of the world.
Their single-origin chocolate bars are made with just two ethically sourced ingredients—cocoa beans and cane sugar. The name Match Chocolate comes from their pairings that showcase the differences found within just two ingredients, separated by geography and paired in flavor.
- You can find Match Chocolate with tons of different markets and pop-up shops across Birmingham! Check out this page to find where they’ll be set up next.
- Follow Match Chocolate on Facebook to see their latest offerings and locations!