Happy International Women’s Day!
All Women’s History Month, the city of Birmingham and local businesses are supporting impactful women through events, fundraisers and more. Keep reading for a guide to three ways you can celebrate in Birmingham today.
1. Whine a Little | basic. & Honeycreeper Chocolate
If you’re looking for a place to hang out with other ladies, eat, drink and whine a little– We’ve got you covered.
Check out “Whine a Little” at the basic. and Honeycreeper Chocolate storefront on 2nd Ave across from El Barrio and next to Bamboo and Le Fresca. The two are hosting in collaboration with local female-owned startup Fundrage.
- When: Wednesday March 8, 5-7PM
- Where: 2214 2nd Ave N #100, Birmingham, AL 35203
2. Women’s Bar Takeover | Adiõs
To pay homage to all of the powerful and talented women within the bar scene, José and Jesus at Adiõs are hosting a bar takeover featuring five local female bartenders to raise funds for Birmingham Mutual Aid.
Showcasing their craft throughout the afternoon will be:
- Suzanne Gibson from Automatic
- Steva Casey from Lou’s Pub and Continental Drift
- Robin Lindgren from The Louis Bar
- Emily Donahue and Mariella Angel from Adiõs
In addition, all dipped rim drinks will be using Fuego Chamoy – a female-owned business out of Alabaster, AL– and selling their chamoy candies at the bar.
- When: Wednesday, March 8 4PM-12AM
- Where: 2218 1st Ave N Suite 100, Birmingham, AL 35203
3. Women’s Adventure Film Tour | Sidewalk Film
The Women’s Adventure Film Tour is back for the sixth year and is coming to Sidewalk Film for three days. The tour is a celebration of the fantastic women around us who are doing extraordinary things in the name of adventure. The cost for entry is only $5, so come check out this event today through Saturday.
- When: Wednesday, March 8, 6:30PM | Thursday, March 9, 2PM + 5:30PM | Saturday, March 11, 2PM
- Where: 1821 2nd Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203