Searching for a new job? Birmingham is the place to be with over 23 thousand open job listings, according to Indeed.com. Keep reading to learn more about the labor market and which companies are hiring.
Check out Bham Now’s featured listings
Post your job—we’ll feature + promote it on Bham Now + social media.
Alabama has a low unemployment rate
In August, Alabama had an unemployment rate of 2.6%, according to the Alabama Department of Labor Market Information Division. This was 1.1% less than the national unemployment rate.
There are 6 jobs in Birmingham-Hoover per available candidate
According to AlabamaWorks!, there are 3,544 candidates for 23,022 open positions in Jefferson County. That seems like a pretty good chance to get your dream job.
Get your resume ready
Looking for an opportunity to connect with employers? Add the Birmingham Career Center’s Second Annual Open Air Job Fair to your calendar on Tuesday, October 18.
- What: A chance for job-seekers to meet with employers, including the Alabama Department of Corrections, America’s Thrift Stores, Birmingham Airport Authority, Coca-Cola Bottling Company United and UAB Medicine
- When: Tuesday, October 18 | 10AM-2PM
- Where: Birmingham Career Center, 3216 4th Avenue S, Birmingham, AL 35222
5 of the top 10 employers in Jefferson County are in healthcare
Once again, there are many healthcare companies searching for workers in the Greater Birmingham Area. Other opportunities are in retail and finance.
Here are the 10 employers in Birmingham with the most job openings, according to Indeed.com:
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham: 1,237
- UAB Medicine: 762
- Tenet Healthcare: 442
- Children’s of Alabama: 346
- Grandview Medical Center: 309
- Ascension: 267
- Hibbett Sports: 224
- Deloitte: 207
- Dollar General: 204
- Regions Financial: 178