Calling all wizards and muggles! McWane Science Center has gone wizardly with two back-to-back events you won’t want to miss. Grab your wand and tickets for Overnight Adventure with the Chamber of Secrets on Friday, October 14 and Harry Potter Day on Saturday, October 15. Read on for details.
Overnight Adventure with The Chamber of Secrets | October 14
It’s time to break out those sleeping bags and prepare for an experience you’ll never forget. On Friday, October 14, you can have an all-night adventure at McWane during Overnight Adventure with The Chamber of Secrets. Yep, ALL NIGHT.
During this mystical overnight adventure, you and the fam have the thrilling chance to:
- Spend the night in Bham’s beloved science museum.
- Explore the magic of science at McWane’s must-see exhibits.
- Watch Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets at McWane’s IMAX Dome Theater.
- Nosh on pizza + snacks. (Breakfast available the morning after the event.)
- Enjoy a special Science of Magic program with the McWane team.
Ready to explore McWane in an all-new way? Hurry and reserve your spot now!
What: Overnight Adventure with The Chamber of Secrets
When: Friday, October 14 | 5PM-8AM
Where: McWane Science Center, 200 19th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203
Cost: $60 per person (includes admission to McWane, pizza, breakfast + IMAX tickets to Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets)
Reserve your spot here by October 10
*After October 10, contact McWane for reservation inquiries at 205.714.8491.
Harry Potter Day | October 15
The enchantment continues at McWane on Saturday, October 15 with Harry Potter Day. Yep, it’s as magnificent as it sounds!
Here are some activities to expect:
- Accio Science: Harry Potter is filled with magical moments, from flying to becoming invisible. Attend this activity to learn how to recreate these exciting scenes through the power of science.
- Care of Magical Creatures: Love the fantastical beasts in Harry Potter? Step into Hagrid’s shoes for a day and learn to care for them.
- Ollivander’s Wand Workshop: Ever wished you had a spell-casting wand? All it takes is some dragon heartstring, unicorn hair and the feathers of a Phoenix. (Or so they say!) Learn more wand-making secrets during this unique workshop.
Bonus: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be playing on the big screen at McWane’s IMAX Dome Theater. Trust me, you’ve never seen sorcery on screen like this before!