Cheers to nonalcoholic wines! Believe it or not, we have quite a few options for you to try right here in The Magic City. Keep reading to find where to go for these trendy alternatives.
What brands should I look for?
It can be difficult to start new things when you’re not sure where to start. So if you’re looking to try nonalcoholic drinking options, then we got you.
Here are some brands to keep an eye out for when you’re shopping next:
We also gathered some of the stores and bars around town that offer these brands—check them out.
1. LeNell’s Beverage Boutique
LeNell’s is a quaint shop packed full of love and wine without alcohol. You can find alcohol-free wines such as Eins Zwei Zero, Ariel and Figlia spirits. It’s all the wine—alcohol-free edition.
2. Paper Doll
Not only is Paper Doll one of Birmingham’s bars serving the freshest cocktails, but they also have wine without the alcohol. You can find the French 75 alternative—it’s a non-alcoholic sparkling wine that they call Speed Limit 75.
- Location: 2320 1st Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 4–11PM | Frida-Saturday 4PM–1AM
3. Hops City Beer and Wine
With an impressive selection of craft beer and wine, stop by Hops City Wine and Beer for nonalcoholic options you’ll want to pour in your glass. Don’t forget that they also host exciting weekend events—if you’re going alcohol-free, it’s easy to find a drink option and socialize.
- Location: 2924 3rd Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 10AM–9PM | Friday-Saturday 10AM–10PM | Sunday 12–6PM
4. Piggly Wiggly
Is there anything the Pig doesn’t have? You can find nonalcoholic brands, such as Fre and Ariel. If you’re looking for a newer brand with higher quality then try Hand on the Heart.
- Bluff Park: 2148 Tyler Rd Suite 104, Hoover, AL 35226
- Clairmont: 3314 Clairmont Ave, Birmingham, AL 35222
- Crestline: 41 Church St, Birmingham, AL 35213
- Homewood: 3000 Montgomery Hwy, Homewood, AL 35209
- North Birmingham: 2500 29th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35207
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
5. Plenty of Vino
Plants, cigars and wines, oh my! At Plenty of Vino, there are definitely plenty of alcohol-free wines to choose from.
- Location: 1650 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham, AL 35216
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 10AM-6PM | Sunday 12-4PM
- Website | Instagram | Facebook
6. Classic Wine Co
For more than 30 years, Classic Wine Company has been pouring the Birmingham community glasses of wine. Today, you can stop by to shop their alcohol-free options—just ask for the Ca’ del Baio Riesling by Fre.
- Location: 1831 28th Ave S Suite 110, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 10AM–6PM | Friday-Saturday 10AM–9PM
With locations all over Bham, Publix is a one-stop for your groceries and nonalcoholic drinks, including Fre and Ariel. Make sure you pick up some cheese to pair with your wine!
For more fun Bham insider tips like this, sign up for our FREE newsletter.