Happy Monday, Birmingham! It’s that time of the week when we update you on all the hottest happenings in town. This week, our food scene got a shout-out from Fodor’s, a new brewery was announced and much more. Keep reading for all the details.
To Birmingham foodies, this news isn’t surprising. Well-renowned food and travel publication, Fodor’s, fell in love with Birmingham favorites like Helen, Automatic Seafood + Oysters and OvenBird. Plus, Pilcrow Cocktail Cellar and The Lumbar got props for their deliciously crafted cocktails. We ranked #10 on the nationwide list.
Ah, breakfast, the most important meal of the day. Wondering where to take your gal pals for Sunday brunch? Or simply craving some bacon and eggs? We’ve got you covered. From hearty breakfast sandwiches to avocado toast, check out this list for the best places to start your day in the ‘ham.
Have you ever dreamed of living right at the base of Red Mountain? Then consider Maiden Heights, the latest luxury housing project by Ingram & Associates, your next move. Located conveniently in Highland Park, this collection of villas, manors and brownstones will come with lavish amenities and plenty of living space.
Cheers! A new brewery is always good news. Asheville-based Hi-Wire Brewing will be the anchor tenant of Lakeview Green, a newly built mixed-use development in the Lakeview District. Wanna know what you can look forward to? Well, a bright, artsy taproom, family-friendly games, ample parking and more are all in the works. Opening is projected for late Summer 2022.
At Bham Now, we love to be in the know about new openings coming to town. Here’s what we’ve gathered this week:
- JP Morgan Chase—The popular investment banking company is opening its first Birmingham branch on 20th St.
- Mama Suz’s Fried Pies—Mama Suz and her son are opening a storefront for their delicious fried pies.
- Gunn Dermatology—Dr. Holly Gunn and her team of dermatologists are expanding to a new location in Lane Parke.
- Rochelle’s Place—A new coffee shop and lounge combo featuring caffeinated drinks to keep you energized and food to keep you full.
- Cool Shots Selfie Museum—A new spot in Hoover for your next photoshoot, with several props, backgrounds and that perfect selfie lighting.
That’s all we’ve got for today! To stay in the know, sign up for our free newsletter delivered to your inbox daily.