Just in time for #GivingTuesday, Bham made the list of most charitable cities in the nation. Check out where we ranked and how to keep on giving below.
You get what you give
… And we get a lot of community love. For Birmingham, giving back is a year-round thing. From volunteering to donating, we come together to support those in need.
Just a few months ago, our local United Way of Central Alabama’s (UWCA) Tocqueville Society ranked #1 in the nation for fundraising. Now, we’ve done it again, ranking 10th in the nation among places where residents give the most to charity.
The SmartAsset ranking includes more than 51 areas across the country—that’s a lot of competition. Coming in right above cities like Nashville and Raleigh, this achievement is definitely something to be proud of.
Bringing the ✨ magic✨
Our residents donate more of their income to charity than 97% of metros on the list, according to the study. That’s what I call putting the magic in The Magic City.
Get in on the giving action
Even after #GivingTuesday, there are plenty of ways to help out our community:
- 5 ways to make the holidays better for Birmingham neighbors this #GivingTuesday
- Meals on Wheels will resume daily deliveries in January 2022—500 volunteers needed
- The Foundry is changing lives—the story of how a man with no hope found his way [VIDEO]
- 5 ways to support people without homes in Birmingham as temperatures drop
- The Way Station, Birmingham’s 1st shelter for homeless youth is underway—details here
- Alzheimer’s changed this Birmingham 28-year-old’s life— find out how
- Birmingham Art Crawl says goodbye + how to still support the arts