11/28 is here—AKA National French Toast Day. We gathered all the tastiest restaurants in Bham that serve the most appetizing french toast. Keep reading for some classic options and interesting twists.
1. Big Bad Breakfast—brandy-spiked french toast
For National French Toast Day, BBB has the classic, but with a little bit of spice. The brandy-spiked French toast and your fave seasonal berries will have you thinking about it for days.
- Location: 1926 29th Ave S, Homewood, AL 35209
- Hours: Sunday-Saturday 7AM – 2:30PM
2. Trattoria Zaza—the classic
I’m getting hungry thinking about Zaza’s french toast. Maybe because they’ve perfected the sweet brunch item. By adding honey mascarpone and cinnamon apples, they have the best french toast for fall weather.
- Location: 207A 20th St N, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Hours: Monday-Friday 11AM-8PM I Saturday 10AM-2PM & 4-8PM I Sunday 10AM-2PM
3. Ruby Sunshine—classic OR pumpkin praline
Nothing’s butter than a classic buttery brioche toast. This french toast is dipped in spiced custard, grilled and finished with powdered sugar. You should as some applewood-smoked bacon—it pairs nicely.
- Location: 1017 Oxmoor Rd Suite 101, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:30AM-2PM | Saturday-Sunday 7:30AM- 3PM
4. Metro Diner—Yo Hola
Metro Diner is the place to go for National French Toast Day. Take your toast game up a notch by getting their Yo Hola, french toast challah bread stuffed with bananas, cream cheese, sugar and hazelnut syrup. It’s every sweet tooth’s dream.
- Location: 2050 Gadsden Hwy, Birmingham, AL 35235
- Hours: Monday-Sunday 8AM-8PM
5. Over Easy—sourdough
Spice it up with Over Easy’s Pepe Le Toast. You’ll get a slice of sourdough French toast with your choice of blueberry compote or fresh strawberries. It also is served with two eggs and your choice of meat.
Sounds like a game-changer for french toast and meat lovers!
- Location: 358 Hollywood Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35209
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7AM-12PM | Saturday-Sunday 8AM-1PM
BONUS: Dining on a budget? Check out these 20 places to eat in Bham under $20.
Did we miss your fave restaurant to get french toast? Tag us @bhamnow to let us know.