Carrie Bradshaw once said, “I like my money right where I can see it—hanging in my closet.” With the addition of a new boutique, we’ll now see it at Mercantile on Morris in the form of Lifelyles. The retail store will sell gifts and interiors in its first brick-and-mortar location at the new mixed-use development.
Let’s talk shop 🛍
“Out with the old, in with the new” does not apply here. Owner Peyton Lyles’ aims to create beautiful spaces while incorporating old with new. Lifelyle’s products, which include home décor, gifts and daily essentials, will also be environmentally safe.
“As a management professional with experience in sales, service, and operations, my focus is to provide the community with a place that makes them feel at home. I have a strong desire for interior design, gift-giving, and the environment, so why not mix it all together?”Peyton Lyles, Owner, Lifelyles
- Address: 2212 Morris Avenue, Suite 104, Birmingham, Alabama 35203
- Hours: TBD
- Contact: Email | Facebook | Website | Instagram
Hitting a sweet
Mercantile on Morris and its new tenants are settling into a nice niche in Birmingham. Meet Morris’ newest neighbors:
- Hide & Hunter is a local leather goods retailer creating one-of-a-kind bags. The storefront at Mercantile on Morris will be the brand’s first brick and mortar.
- Bridge & Root is a retailer that’s curating a great menswear boutique with pieces you can’t find anywhere else. The owner, Aisha Taylor, wants to share pieces with a classic edge and modern funk.
- Cannella Gelato & Cafe will offer homemade sorbet, gelato, baked goods and coffee.
- Pizza Grace, from award-winning chef Ryan Westover, will serve delicious pizzas and dinner offerings.
- Scott Miller Projects will represent local, national and international artists at its art gallery.
*Taylor Swift voice* Are you ready for it?
We are marking the days on our calendars until Mercantile on Morris opens in downtown Birmingham. Here’s what you need to know in the meantime:
- Location: 2212 Morris Avenue, Birmingham, AL 35203
- Capacity: 47 condominium units & 12,000+ square feet of retail space
- Developer: Orchestra Partners
- Architect & contractor: Creature