Ready, set, HIKE! Be prepared to watch the UAB football team go against Central Arkansas at Legion Field this Thursday, September 3 at 7PM. The game will air on ESPN3 and we’re crossing our fingers for as many touchdowns as times you’ve heard the word “unprecedented” in the last six months.
Bring it on 🏈
To play or not to play—that was the question. We speculated just over a month ago, hemmed and hawed, but the decision is here and you can watch the team battle it out for a win tomorrow night.
- When: Thursday, September 3 at 7PM
- Where: Legion Field, 400 Graymont Ave W, Birmingham, AL 35204
- Watch: ESPN3 | Listen: 94.5 FM
With the Protective Life Stadium underway, it’s possible this will be the last year UAB Football plays at Legion Field before heading to a new home. The team plans on renting the stadium for $10-25K per game. View the 2020 football schedule.
Let’s check out the competition 🔥
As the Blazers step foot on the field fresh off being 2019 C-USA West Division Champions, the Bears are 1-0 for the 2020 season. They received a 24-17 victory over Austin Peay last Saturday, August 29, during the FCS Kickoff Classic.
Gameday precautions + protocols
We won’t see pre-game tailgates in the parking lot or some of the traditional fall football activities this year. But, it’s worth it if it means watching the Blazers dominate a season at Legion Field. You can read the full list of guidelines for what to expect, including ticketing and transportation.
Celebrate safely 🐉
If you’re not headed to the game, grab your safer-at-home crew and celebrate the kick-off at Good People Brewing. The brewery is showing the game and hosting a 6-ft apart tailgate with all of the essentials—beer, food and games.
- When: Thursday, September 3 starting at 4PM. Game on the TVs at 7PM
- Where: Good People Brewing Company, 114 14th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Before you go: All social distancing measures will be adhered for the event. Masks are required and plenty of space is available to enjoy the day safely.