Read Time 2 Minutes
Aviate, our favorite local lifestyle apparel brand in Birmingham, teamed up this summer with their longtime friends at Maho Shades out of Orange Beach, Alabama. The result is a sweet new pair of limited-edition Sundance Kittyhawk Sunglasses with 24K gold frames. At only $145, you’ve got to get your hands on a pair before they’re gone. Now, where to go to show them off? Morris Avenue, of course.
Morris Avenue was the bustling scene of Birmingham’s produce district for the first part of the 20th century. Today photographers and filmmakers love it for its cobblestones and historic charm in the heart of downtown.
When the Bham Now crew put our heads together with the team at Aviate to pick a location to photograph the just-released Sundance Kittyhawk Sunglasses, Morris Avenue rose to the top of our list.
It’s not only photographers who love Morris Avenue. It’s becoming quite the hotspot for downtown retail, dining and living.
The energy you sense when you step onto Morris Avenue fits Aviate’s “play hard, travel often” philosophy like a glove. Or, more appropriately, like a size 56-15-147 pair of Sundance Kittyhawk Sunglasses that fits all faces.
Look what’s happened on Morris Avenue this summer alone:
- The Essential (yum!) opened in Founders Station, occupying the back corner on Morris Avenue. Also located in Founders Station: Square One Goods Co. (a stationery and local gift shop opening Aug. 25!) and Pilcrow Cocktail Cellar.
- The innovative entrepreneurs behind Honeycreeper Chocolate and basic., an eco-minded clothing store, opened a joint storefront next to Heidi Elnora Atelier bridal boutique.
- Alabama Peanut Co. moved into a beloved 111-year-old Birmingham landmark, making the building once again a must-visit travel destination and the place to pick up boiled and roasted peanuts for your tailgate.
- The big announcement dropped that the former Protective Life Building is becoming a swank luxury hotel.
The future of Morris Avenue is so bright, you gotta wear shades. They might as well be Sundance Kittyhawk Sunglasses, the new 24K gold-framed collaboration by Aviate and Maho Shades. Long live local!
Product Details: Sundance Kittyhawk Sunglasses
- Maho travel case, microfiber pouch, warranty
- Bengal handmade zyl acetate matte finish and 24K gold-plated frame
- Ultramarine™ polarized sky blue mirror lenses
- Ships within 48-72 hours
- Size: 56-15-147 (fits all faces)
- Do you need prescription lenses? If yes, email email@example.com
BTW, when we say limited edition, we mean extremely limited edition. So buy yours now or you’ll miss out. You’ve been warned.