In no particular order, we’ve gathered some fruity-licious U-pick strawberry farms near Birmingham. Keep reading to add these farms to your bucket list.
1. Jerry Marsh Farms
Get to pickin’ at Jerry Marsh Farms. Not only do they offer sweet red berries but the juiciest tomatoes for $4 a cup or $8 a basket.
Hot question of the day: Do you consider the tomato a fruit?
2. Abney Farms
Missing something sweet and fresh in your fridge? Pick up a bucket of strawberries at Abney Farms. It’s just a scenic 35-minute drive away!
- Location: 10490 Bradford-Trafford Road, Trafford, AL
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM-4 PM | Saturday 8 AM-12 PM
3. Sugar Hill U-Pick Farms
This family-friendly U-pick farm will have you planning an annual strawberry picking trip. They have over 200,000 plants to choose from, so take your sweet time.
- Location: 3358 Co Rd 59, Verbena, AL 36091
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday + Saturday 8 AM-5 PM | Wednesday-Friday 8AM-2 PM
4. Holmestead Farms
It tastes like strawberries and summertime at Holmestead Farms. All you need is a basket and a hand for the ultimate U-pick farm experience.
They also have the sweetest cantaloupes, seedless watermelons, okra, plums, oranges AND apples. There is a fruit for everyone.
- Location: 6582 Clay, Co Rd 7, Waldo, AL 35160
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 8 AM -5 PM | Sunday 1 PM -5 PM
- Website | Facebook
5. Jimmy Durbin and Sunshine Farms
Load up your basket with homegrown peaches and strawberries at this iconic U-pick farm in Clanton. It’s less than an hour’s drive from Birmingham, making it a perfect weekend family outing.
PRO TIP: Freeze the peach pit so you can plant your very own peach tree in your backyard!
6. DeLoach Farms
You’ll be berry happy to know that DeLoach Farms offers $12 U-pick strawberry buckets. Let’s go down to the strawberry fields!
- Location: 171 Hwy 468, Vincent, AL 35178
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM | Saturday 9AM-4PM | Sunday 2-4PM
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
Contributors to this piece include Irene Richardson + Sharron Swain.
What is your go-to berry farms a short drive from Birmingham? Tell us about it @bhamnow!