Long week? We’ve got just what you need to put some pep back in your step—weekend events! Here’s what’s happening around Birmingham, February 4-6.
Do you want to advertise or have breaking news to share? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to join the coolest company in town?
We have 3 exciting opportunities to join our team:
Paying it forward
RealtySouth’s 2021 Top Producers were recently honored for their hard work and philanthropy in helping build communities across Alabama. This year, they selected The Big Oak Ranch—a Christian home for abused, neglected and abandoned children in need—as a beneficiary for an incredible donation. Who are these top producers? Find out here.
This Weekend in The Magic City
Get the bubbly
Now-Jan. 2023, get a behind-the-scenes look at our city’s cool history in creating soda products during Birmingham Bottling: Soft Drinks in the Magic City. Featured at Vulcan Park and Museum’s Linn-Henley Gallery, you’ll discover memorabilia and vintage soda bottles, plus exciting programming with local experts in the industry + more. Tickets available on site.
Don’t hit the snooze…
Instead, tumble out of bed for Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5, the musical at the Virginia Samford Theatre. Set in the late 1970s, you’ll follow 3 female coworkers as they plot to get even with their anything-but-cool boss. It’s the final weekend to catch the show—get your tickets now.
True Crime fan?
A trip to the Harrison Theatre is in store this weekend, Feb. 4-6, for The Laramie Project. Produced and directed by two senior theatre students at Samford University of the Arts, the product conveys a theatrical portrait of one of the most infamous hate crimes in recent US history—the murder of Matthew Shepard. Tickets.
Dig wheels? Dig this.
The largest indoor custom auto show in the south returns Friday-Sunday, Feb. 4-6 at The BJCC. I’m talking about the 51st Annual World of Wheels. From celebrity appearances and live stunt shows to giveaways and all the classic custom cars you could want to see, grab your tickets now.
- Friday, Feb. 4: The Phoenix Ball benefiting The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Alabama @ Events at Haven. 8PM. $65-$75. Tickets.
- Saturday, Feb. 5: Eat Ice Cream For Breakfast, set a World Record with Jeni’s @ Jen’s Ice Cream. 9AM-Noon.
- Saturday, Feb. 5: 4th Annual Waffles & Ice Cream for Breakfast @ Bluff Park Ice Cream Shoppe. 8:30-10:30AM.
Plan now for the release of Precocious I, a 5-song EP written, recorded and produced by father-son duo Carey and Casey Fountain. On Feb. 12, experience the silent listening party via headphones, accompanying artworks, art activities for kids + adults, group discussions, live Q&A and light refreshments. Limited tickets available.
- Monday, Feb. 7: Benefit Night for Jimmie Hale Mission @ Taco Mama —Oxmoor Rd, Homewood. 5-9PM.
- Friday-Saturday, Feb. 11-12: Giggles & Grace Consignment Sale @ Asbury United Methodist Church. 8AM-Noon. Free admission.
- Feb. 11-27: Once On This Island @ Red Mountain Theatre. Thurs-Fri 8PM, Sat 2PM + 8PM, Sun 2PM. $20-$25. Tickets.
- Saturday, Feb. 12: Big Machine’s Day @ McWane Science Center. 10AM-4PM. General admission to McWane. Tickets.
- Feb. 17-26: Birmingham Restaurant Week Winter Edition @ Participating Restaurants.
Deal of the Week
Rough winter skin? Give a glow with 20% off all products at Renew Dermatology.
Find more deals + add your own to our Small Business Guide.
Have breaking news or events to share? Let us know at email@example.com.
Keep your planner full. Don’t miss an event with the Bham Now event calendar.