Official Media Partner
In need of date ideas in Birmingham? Look no further. We’re rounding up unique, local dates for a wide range of budgets. From exploring the great outdoors to sipping cocktails or creating your own candles, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
FREE dates in The Magic City
You just can’t beat free. We’ve got some ideas for making the date special without spending a dime.
- See an exhibit at AEIVA.
- Walk the trail at Vulcan Park.
- Explore Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
- Stroll through Pepper Place Market + admire the local goodies.
- Take a self-guided tour of Sloss Furnaces.
$5-10 date ideas in Birmingham
From taco trucks to Buc-ee’s trips, we’ve got you covered. Our top picks for the $5-10 price range are…
- Pick up a donut from Hero Doughnuts (I recommend maple sea salt), then walk through Railroad Park.
- Enjoy fresh, made-to-order Mexican fare from Los Valedores taco truck.
- Experience Birmingham’s first Buc-ee’s for unique snacks. Don’t skip the fresh fudge!
- Choose a treat from Cookie Fix + shop around downtown Homewood.
- Test your knowledge at local trivia nights, best enjoyed with a cold beer.
$15-20 date ideas in Birmingham
Grab a crisp $20 bill and hit the town. Here are some fun ideas for dates and outings in the $15-20 range.
- Grab a burger + beer at Jack Brown’s.
- See a drive-in movie at Grand River Drive-In.
- Get physical at an F45 workout class.
- Visit a local pumpkin patch.
- Enjoy a fresh sandwich + check out unique goods at Ore Mercantile.
$35-50 date ideas in Birmingham
If you’re looking to spend a little more, check out these Magic City date ideas. In the $35-50 price range, we’re talking margaritas and live theatre.
- Dine on tapas + fresh margaritas at Sol y Luna.
- Grab a kombucha at Harvest Roots Ferments, then head next door to Tropicaleo for a tasty bite.
- Sample Birmingham’s festive Halloween cocktails.
- Support the arts—catch a show at The Alabama Theatre.
- Have a drink together at The Pizitz Food Hall Bar, then choose a surprise meal for your partner from one of the food stalls.
$50+ dates for the extravagant evening
Last, but certainly not least, the $50+ category. If you’re looking for an extra special evening, we have a few suggestions…
- Make your own candles at Paddywax Candle Bar, then walk over to Chuy’s for dinner with a view.
- Test your wit at an escape room, then walk to Hattie B’s for some of their signature chicken.
- Get pampered together at Fancy Face.
- Grab a burger from Mugshots, then support the UAB Blazers at their all-new Protective Stadium.
- Have a taste of Italy at Le Fresca, then walk to Neon Moon for drinks and dancing all night long.
What’s your perfect Birmingham date night? Let us know @BhamNow.