We’re shouting Opa! because the Greek Food Festival is here again. Attend for music, dancing, culture and, of course, FOOD—now-Oct. 16. Details here. There’s plenty more ahead, too, like Pumpkin Patches + Tall Bike Jousts. So get ready, Birmingham, your weekend plans are here for October 15-17.
This Weekend in The Magic City
Science for the win
If you love science and the great outdoors, head to Red Mountain Park on Saturday, Oct. 16 from 8AM-5PM for BioBlitz. You’ll learn how to be a scientist for the day and meet 3 awesome women scientists that are helping protect natural resources in Alabama. Register to attend.
The sound of jingles
On Saturday, Oct. 16 from 11AM-1PM, visit Birmingham Museum of Art Heals: The Jingle Dress Project. The exhibit features an in-person performance of the traditional Jingle Dress Dance, followed by a presentation and Q&A with artist Eugene Tapahe and the dancers. Admission is free. Registration is required—hurry before it’s too late.
This party will make you say “You Go, Girl!”
This Saturday, Oct. 16, The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham is celebrating amazing women in The Magic City during their signature event—Unleashed, A philanthroparty. The night will be filled with amazing guests like Oscar-winning actress Regina King, a lengthy list of applause-worthy honorees from across Alabama + more. The event begins at 5:30PM. Buy your in-person + virtual tickets now.
Walk this way
Get ready to fight for a cure on Sunday, Oct. 17 during the Walk to End Alzheimer’s at Sloss Furnaces. Along with raising funds and awareness, you’ll have the chance to see the Magic City Discos perform as well as… Elvis? Yep, he’ll be there, too, to help kick off the day. More info and sign up details.
More to Discover
- Friday-Sunday, October 15-17: 32 new home listings with RealtySouth.
- Friday-Sunday, Oct. 15-17: Greek Festival @ Holy Trinity-Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Cathedral. 10:30AM-9:30PM. Admission is free.
- Friday-Sunday, Oct. 15-24: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee @ Virginia Samford Theatre. Thurs-Sat. 7:30PM, Sun. 2-30PM. $24-$43. Tickets.
- Friday, Oct. 15: Just a Bit of Hoodoo @ LeNell’s Beverage Boutique. 4:30PM. Admission is free. Register to attend.
- Friday, Oct. 15: Rhythm of Colors Art Festival @ Boutwell Auditorium. 5-9PM.
- Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 16-17: Hoots & Howls @ The Birmingham Zoo. 10AM-4PM. Price varies. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Donation Drive benefiting Make-A-Wish Alabama @ Hamburger Heaven (Highway 280). 10AM-2PM.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Woodlawn Street Market @ 55th Place, Birmingham. 10AM-4PM. Admission is free.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Auburn University vs Arkansas @ Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.11AM. Watch on CBS.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Salsa Showdown @ Cahaba Brewing Co. 2-6PM. Advance Tickets – $15. Day Of Event Tickets – $20. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: UAB vs Southern Miss @ M.M. Roberts Stadium. 2:30PM. Listen here.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: University of Alabama vs MS State @ Davis Wade Stadium. 6PM. Watch on ESPN.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Birmingham Creatives Ball @ The Hive. 6-9PM. $12. Tickets.
- Saturday, Oct. 16: Dance Yrself Clean @ Vinegar. 6-11PM. Admission $10. Admission + 2 drink tickets – $20. Tickets.
- Sunday, Oct. 17-23: Trik for Trot 5K benefiting Kid One Transport (In-Person + Virtual) @ Back Forty Brewing. 8-10AM. $30. Register.
- Sunday, Oct. 17: Birmingham Punk Rock Flea Market @ Cahaba Brewing Co. Noon-5PM. Admission is free.
Find more events in Now the Weekend—Video Edition.
- Sunday, October 17-23: UAB Homecoming. List of events.
- Wednesday, Oct. 20: Avondale Firejam + Costume Contest @ Avondale Brewing Co. 7:30-10PM. Admission is free.
- Wednesday-Sunday, Oct. 20-31: Shop Save & Share benefiting Junior League of Birmingham @ Selection Stores. $40. Purchase card.
- Thursday, Oct. 21: Night in Spain @ The Anvil Pub. Social Hour – 6PM, Dinner – 7PM. $100. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205.637.7100.
- Thursday, Oct. 21: The Fall Edit @ Lane Parke – Mountain Brook. 5:30-7:30PM. Admission is free.
- Thursday-Friday, Oct. 21-22: Open House @ Cahaba Dermatology & Spa Cahaba. 9AM-5PM. Register.
- Friday-Sunday, Oct. 22-24: Ovation with Alabama Ballet @ BJCC Concert Hall. 2:30PM + 7:30PM. Price varies. Tickets.
- Saturday, October 23: Magic City Witches’ Ball @ Boutwell Auditorium. 8PM-1AM. $25. Tickets.
- Saturday, October 23: REV Pop-Up Photo Booth – “I love Birmingham bc…” @ Pepper Place Market. Admission is free.
- Sunday, Oct. 24: Fall Open House @ The Altamont School. 2-3PM. Register.
- Sunday, Oct. 24: Homewood Witches Ride benefiting O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB @ Homewood Central Park. Donate what you can. 2PM. Register.
Deal of the Week
Grab 15% off at Dirty Hippie with discount code BHAMNOW15.
Find more deals + add your own to our Small Business Guide.
For more events around Birmingham, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and sign up for our FREE newsletter.