There is lots to look forward to this weekend and beyond in Birmingham. Find out what’s ahead in the Magic City, April 9-11.
This Weekend in the Magic City
Eat in the streets is back!
The fun kicks off in the 100 and 200 blocks of Birmingham’s 20th Street North. Participating restaurants include Bistro 218, Paramount, ZaZa, Helen, Café Dupont and more.
- Friday-Saturday, April 9-10 | Friday from 5-10PM, Saturday for lunch + dinner
Dance and Sway
Be transported to a gentle summer evening during Alabama Symphony Orchestra’s virtual concert Bohemian Serenade.
- When: Friday-Sunday, April 9-18 | Cost: FREE | Watch here
It’s National Robotics Week
Take a closer look at how robotics is changing the world this weekend at McWane Science Center. Expect wowing demonstrations, hands-on activities + more.
It’s time to get funky!
April is Autism Awareness month? In support of children and adults affected by autism in Birmingham, the Junior Boards of the Autism Society and Mitchell’s Place are hosting their annual Funky Fish Fry at Avondale Brewing Co. Expect food, drinks and music. Sponsored by Alabama Symphony Orchestra
- When: Saturday, April 10 from 11:30AM-5PM | Cost: $10-$40 | Tickets
For even more weekend events, check out Now the Weekend—Video Edition.
- Thursday, April 15: Art in Conversation: The Cahaba River Lilies Presented by PNC – Virtual Event. 10:30AM. FREE.
- Thursday-Sunday, April 15-25: Plaza Suite @ Virginia Samford Theatre. Thursdays-Saturdays 7:30PM, Sundays 2:30PM. $40 general admission, $20 students. Tickets. Behind the scenes peek here.
- Saturday, April 16: Zoo Brews: Drafts at a Distance @ The Birmingham Zoo. 5-8PM. $35 General Admission, $15 Designated Driver. 21+. Tickets.
- Friday-Sunday, April 16-18: Honda Indy Grand Prix of AL @ Barber Motor Sports. Race Times. Adults, Friday $20, Saturday $35 | Kids 15 and under FREE. Tickets.
- Saturday, April 17: Annual Mutt Strut: Dog-Friendly 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run – Virtual. 7AM-10AM. 1 Mile Fun Run $25, 5K $30. Register.
Don’t forget! The mask mandate has been extended to May 24 for the City of Birmingham, so don’t show up to an event with your bare face hanging out just yet.
In case you missed it…
- What local dishes are Birmingham foodies drooling over? Find out here.
- It’s time for some manpering (yes, that’s guy code for pampering). The best place to do it—The Barber Bar on Highway 280. Kick back and relax with services like haircuts, hot lather face shaves, neck and shoulder massages + more. Bonus: you’ll be offered complimentary (and local!) beer, water and wine. Book now.
- New home listings are ready and waiting for you. Act fast before they’re gone!
- According to UAB Medicine, in-patient COVID-19 cases are continuing to decline. Wondering how to safely visit others when fully vaccinated? Here’s what the CDC suggests.
- Mitchell’s Place—a comprehensive autism treatment center in Irondale—is expanding. To serve all families on the autism spectrum + relieve their waitlist, the nonprofit has leased additional space on Arlington Avenue in Birmingham’s Southside. More details.
T is for “Terrific” Deals
- Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe Colonnade: Chicken Dinner for 4 Special with a Gallon of Tea – $25. *Special runs Thursday-Sunday*
- Tortugas Pizza: Students and Healthcare workers receive 15% their order.
- Tostadas Homewood: Use discount code CoronaSucks for 15% off your meal.
More deals are just a click away in our Small Business Guide.