Don your chef hat and prepare for a fiery competition. Local Birmingham chef Roscoe Hall shows off his culinary skills in Season 18 of Top Chef, airing April 1 on Bravo.
Meet Roscoe Hall—local chef and artist
Originally from Chicago, Illinois, Hall rerouted to Birmingham after high school at the age of 17—and wow are we glad! He’s brought even more magic to this Magic City of ours with roles like Executive Chef for Rodney Scott’s BBQ, Operations Manager for three projects at the Pizitz Food Hall and most currently Culinary Director for Post Office Pies.
He’s even acted as a resident chef for Jones Valley Teaching Farm’s Twilight Supper—a dinner series that raised funds for urban community gardens.
This Season on Top Chef
For Top Chef‘s 18th season, Hall is one of 15 cheftestants to compete for the title of Top Chef in the picturesque city of Portland, Oregon.
According to Bravo, season 18 puts chefs to the test in a variety of new challenges including:
- Celebrating PDX’s Pan-African cuisine
- Feeding hundreds of frontline workers
- Crabbing on the Oregon Coast in a tribute to culinary icon and Oregonian James Beard
- And more!
After a fiery competition, what’s in store for the winning chef?
- The coveted title of Top Chef
- $250K furnished by S. Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water
- A feature in FOOD & WINE magazine
- An appearance at the annual FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen