Birmingham is known for its outstanding medical care. In the latest accolade for the city, the Women’s Choice Award deemed UAB “Best Hospital” for six different areas. UAB joins many Birmingham medical care facilities to receive awards from the national organization.
Before we dive in, here’s more background on The Women’s Choice Award
The Women’s Choice Award identifies the best brands, companies and healthcare facilities empowering women and men. Its goal is to simplify choices for consumers whether it comes to shopping, receiving medical attention and more.
“The Women’s Choice Award for Best Hospitals,” specifically, is a credential that identifies that nation’s most outstanding hospitals. To choose awardees, the organization taps publicly available information from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
It also uses information and surveys from thousands of women to determine which measures are most important to them. That being said, only the nation’s best hospitals receive this coveted credential.
2021 winners and beyond 🏅
By appearing on the Best Hospitals list, these following areas at UAB are considered to represent the top 10% of hospital practices across the country.
But that’s not all, folks
When Birmingham wins, it wins big time. Check out the following local hospitals and the areas where they’ve received awards from The Women’s Choice Award.
- Brookwood Baptist Diagnostic Center-119: Best Mammogram Imaging Center
- Grandview Medical Center: Bariatrics, Heart Care, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Obstetrics and Stroke Care
- Princeton Baptist Medical Center: Bariatrics, Orthopedics and Stroke Care
- Saint Vincent’s Birmingham: Cancer Care, Heart Care, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Obstetrics and Orthopedics
- St. Vincent’s Hospital Comprehensive Breast Center: Best Mammogram Imaging Center
Wait, there’s more!
Have you seen all of the other ways local hospitals were recognized in past years? Read more about our top-notch facilities:
- UAB named one of the best hospitals in U.S. by Healthgrades
- Children’s of Alabama receives 2020 Excellence Award from NRC Health
- 11 nurses honored for excellence at Children’s of Alabama