Since celebrations are a little (ok, a lot) more low-key this year, we’re always looking for some fun ways to spice it up. We rounded up five festive drinks you can use to celebrate whatever you’re most looking forward to in these next several weeks. Cheers to staying in, and cheers to having fun while supporting local.
1. The Yellow Hammer
Pairs well with cheering on the Tide.
Adapted from: The Daily Meal
From what I hear, this drink is a classic for University of Alabama students and fans alike. It may be coming from your own kitchen instead of Gallettes, but it’ll (almost) make you feel like you’re there.
- Mix 1 oz. Redmont Vodka, 1 oz. Campesino Silver X, 1 oz. amaretto, 2 oz. orange juice, 2 oz. pineapple juice
- Garnish with maraschino cherry
2. War Eagle Rum Punch
Pairs well with cheering on the Auburn Tigers.
Adapted from: delish
This cocktail is a bright orange color that would make Aubie proud. If you close your eyes, take a sip and listen hard, you can almost hear people rolling Toomer’s Corner.
- Pour 4 oz. Campesino Aged XIV + 6 oz. orange juice over ice
- Top w/ 4 oz. sprite
3. The Crimson Tide
Pairs well with taking Christmas movie nights to the next level; Bama touchdowns.
Adapted from: delish
What says “let’s get this party started” more than jell-o shots? We nicknamed this drink The Crimson Tide in honor of its brilliant red color, but the cranberry indulgence is perfect for your Zoom Holiday Happy Hour as well.
- Mix 2 packets cranberry flavored Jell-O into 2 cups boiling water
- Once dissolved, add 1 cup Redmont Vodka and 1 cup cold water
- Pour into cups, refrigerate and let set
4. Blueberry Basil Margarita
Pairs well with challah, chanukah and everything in-between; Auburn touchdowns.
Adapted from: Tastefulventure
Maybe you’re looking for a delicious creation to complement your orange t-shirt as you cheer on your Tigers. Maybe you’re looking for a festive Hanukkah cocktail. Either way, you can’t go wrong with this blue beauty.
- Muddle 4–5 fresh basil leaves, 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, 1 oz. simple syrup
- Add 1/2 oz. each lime + lemon juice; 2 oz. tequila blanco
- Shake over ice
- Strain and serve
5. The Magic City Classic
Via: Bham Now
No matter what holidays you and yours celebrate, or what team you’re cheering on, we have one thing in common—we’re all part of this great, big, beautiful Magic City.
This is one drink we can all enjoy. It’s a little old-fashioned but with a modern spirit—just like Birmingham.
- Add 2 oz. Dread River Whiskey, 3-4 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters, 1/2 tsp. maple syrup (trust us) to a glass with ice
- Top with an orange peel and a maraschino cherry