Mark your calendars, Birmingham! There are tons of fun events happening this week that you don’t want to miss including a food festival, morning yoga and a chalk party. Here are all the deets.
Want to win $1000 in Pizitz Food Hall goodies? From August 1st through August 31st, you can pick up The Pizitz Food Hall Punch Card, get five punches and be entered to win the ultimate prize pack from The Pizitz.
To receive a punch, make a purchase of any amount at one of The Pizitz Food Hall restaurants or retailers. After five punches, you’ll be eligible to win The Pizitz Experience Package. Additionally, if you receive 10+ punches, you’ll automatically win a Pizitz Food Hall branded Yeti cup and be entered to win the $1000 prize pack.
Grab a punch card anytime at The Pizitz, and drop them off in the lockbox at the water station across from Ashley Mac’s. They’ll announce the winner on September 1st.
*Note: Punches must be from different stalls and retailers.
- Where: The Pizitz Food Hall | 1821 2nd Ave N #3112, Birmingham, AL
- When: August 1-31 from 11AM-8PM
- Price: The punch card is free, but you must make a purchase to get a punch.
- More Details: Get more information on their Facebook Event Page.
The Birmingham Botanical Gardens are hosting a 1-hour vinyasa-style yoga class every Wednesday from 8:30-9:30AM at the Japanese Garden Pavilion. The class welcomes all levels and will include gentle movements and transitions from standing to sitting, and standing again. Lelia Neil, a local yoga instructor will lead the class.
*Note: Participants are required to bring their own mats and props, and spaces will be marked to encourage social distancing. Face masks are required when interacting with anyone outside of your group at the Gardens, but will not be required during class.
- Where: The Japanese Garden Pavilion at The Gardens | 2612 Lane Park Rd, Birmingham, AL
- When: Wednesdays from 8:30-9:30 AM
- Price: $8 for members and $10 for non-members
- More Details: For more information and to register, head to their site.
This year, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA) is hosting its largest annual fundraiser virtually on Friday, August 7th. Their Heart of the House Party will include a free virtual gathering, as well as a silent auction where participants can win local trips to a lake house, wine, indoor and outdoor furniture, pottery, expert Lego sets and more.
*Note: Register before August 5 to receive a link to the silent auction. It will be sent via text on August 5, and will be closed after the live-stream event at 9PM CST on August, 7th.
- Where: Virtually on Facebook, YouTube and online for the Heart of the House Party live stream.
- When: Friday, August 7
- Price: FREE
- More Details: Register for free to watch the live-stream, participate in the silent auction and get email updates with the event details on their site.
The 22nd Annual St. Elias Lebanese Food and Cultural Fest will be held as a drive-through/takeout only celebration this year. With COVID-19 safety measures in place, they’ll be offering a drive-though in the main church parking lot and a walk-up/takeout option located on the south side of the church.
Additionally, they will offer a limited menu including three plate options and a dessert sampler. They’ll also be selling merch items including a souvenir cup, t-shirts, hats and a cookbook. Visit their site for details on their virtual silent auction and more virtual events happening during the festival.
*Note: Only credit or debit cards will be accepted for payment.
- Where: St. Elias Maronite Catholic Church | 836 8th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35205
- When: Friday + Saturday, August 7-8 from 10AM-7PM
- Price: Their limited menu of food ranges from $12-$25
- More Details: Get all the deets on their site.
Want to get out of the house this weekend? The McWane Science Center is hosting their Chalk It Up To Science event outside on their plaza on Saturday from 10AM-3PM. They’re inviting the whole family to hang out and create some fun chalk art together. They’ll have Dippin’ Dots for sale and a Chalk Explosion Program on the plaza at 11:30AM. You can bring your own chalk, or use the pre-packaged chalk McWane provides.
They’ll also have activities indoors (with the purchase of a ticket to McWane) including a bubble party and giant hopscotch in Itty Bitty Magic City, as well as DIY glow in the dark chalk in the Workshop. Head to their site to find tickets.
- Where: The McWane Science Center Plaza | 200 19th St N, Birmingham, AL
- When: Saturday, August 8 from 10AM-3PM
- Price: FREE
- More Details: Find more info on their event page.