Read Time 4 Minutes
Anyone else get a noise complaint from their downstairs neighbor after too many home workouts? Orangetheory’s virtual workouts got us through over two months of self-isolation, and now Birmingham studios are reopening with strict safety precautions. The rowers are farther apart, but the same motivational energy is back and better than ever—here’s what to expect.
Back to Base—safety first
You won’t be forced to work out in a giant hamster ball, but Orangetheory is taking serious measures to ensure you’re safe, as well as the coaches and staff. For a full list of guidelines and answers to FAQs, head to Orangetheory’s website.
While the studio might look a little different, such as floor stickers throughout the lobby to enforce safe social distancing, it doesn’t mean the coaches are going easy on you. Yeah, don’t even think about decreasing that number on your treadmill.
“I will continue to help clients meet their goals by keeping the same encouraging energy I had before the quarantine and encouraging them to come back stronger and more enthused than ever.
Clients can expect a difference in pace as far as capacity at the studios goes. However, there will be no change in the grind that takes place in the classes.”Irving Adams, Trussville Head Coach
That’s right Fit Fam, the grind is ON and no doubt Orangetheory’s playlist is bumpin’ to get you through those power rows. Under the orange lights and masks is the same team you know and love, just with more wipes in their hands.
Now that we know what’s staying the same, let’s look at what’s different
You guessed it—classes will be held at limited capacity to allow for social distancing. Orangetheory wants you to have a safe, clean environment to come home to. Classes may also be 45 minutes long to allow extra time for disinfecting.
Sure, the waitlist might be a little longer but despite the craziness of today’s world normal life still happens. Stay on them, because chances are someone will oversleep, lose their car keys or just plain ole’ forget.
Here’s the rundown of what precautions coaches and staff are taking:
- Coaches and staff will be wearing gloves and masks.
- They will get a daily temperature check and run through a verbal symptom checklist.
- Coaches will you give you a wipe before every equipment change.
- Each coach will have their own headset and mic—no sharing happening over here.
Now for yourself:
- Please don’t arrive any sooner than 5 minutes before class.
- Orangtheory will take your temperature before walking in the lobby and complete a verbal symptom checklist.
- Only bring what items you really need, like car keys and a water bottle.
- As long as local law requires you to wear a mask, you’ll be expected to wear one in the studio lobby, but not while working out unless it makes you feel more comfortable.
- There will be no more reservation cards—a coach will assign you with a station number.
- Orangetheory asks that you use one of their touchless hand sanitizer dispensers before you walk into the lobby.
Fell out of a routine? Yeah, me too.
When Orangetheory closed their studios, it was right at the end of the Transformation Challenge. You may feel like those eight intense weeks were all for nothing, but that’s not the slightest bit true. We were, and still are, in a pandemic—give yourself some credit for just getting through each day.
“The advice I would give someone who fell out of a routine is to give themselves some grace. The world just went through and is going through a global pandemic. It is understandable that their routine has changed, but all they have to do is get back into it. I would encourage them that OTF is here to help them get back into a routine.”Irving Adams
Retweet, Coach Adams. Orangetheory is the supportive best friend helping you get back on a routine, however that looks for your personal situation. The choice is up to you, but know Orangetheory has you covered as you take steps toward a different groove.
“The desire to stay energized so that I can stay physically and mentally healthy for myself and my family has motivated me throughout social distancing. This has translated to Orangetheory clients by me trying to encourage them to do the same in order to stay mentally and physically strong.”Irving Adams
Keep up with your Fit Fam on Instagram for updates on any future studio changes:
What’s kept you motivated during self-isolation? Let us know on social @bhamnow!