Read Time 2 Minutes
Birmingham is a hotspot for extraordinary art. That’s no secret. Although art galleries are generally closed due to COVID-19, you can still support—and it’s more important than ever. Check out these 5 local galleries in Birmingham + learn how you can show support today.
Why it Matters
The emergence of COVID-19 has turned our world upside down in recent weeks. Everyone is feeling the effects, and small businesses + local nonprofits are some of the ones getting hit the hardest.
At Bham Now, we ❤️our Birmingham community. We want to do our part to support the people that make our city run, which is why we’re opening our platform to share vital info. If you’re involved with a small business or local nonprofit, fill out one of the forms below and be featured for free on our site.
Join over 470 local businesses and over 90 local nonprofits that have already signed up. We’ll be putting out guides like this one that pull from this database, so don’t miss out!
1—Beverly McNeil Gallery
- Address: 605 28th St S, Birmingham
- Phone: (205) 328-1761
- How to Support: Shop online here. They’re currently offering free shipping to anywhere in the United States.
2—Red Dot Gallery
- Address: 1001 Stuart St, Birmingham
- Phone: (205) 870-7608
- How to Support: Attend an online class. Options available for both kids and adults.
3—Thomas Andrew Art
- Address: 1925 29th Ave S, Homewood
- Phone: (205) 504-3412
- How to Support: Shop online here. You can get 50% off any one piece of in-store original artwork during your birthday month.
4—Four Corners Gallery
- Address: 4700 U.S. 280, Birmingham
- Phone: (205) 980-2600
- How to Support: Shop online here. Gift certificates are also available.
Nonprofits Need Your Support, Too
Nonprofits are getting hit hard right now alongside small businesses. Want to support our friends doing good in our community? Check out this list of 10 arts + culture nonprofits in Birmingham, including organizations like Magic City Art Connection, Space One Eleven and Studio By The Tracks.