Read Time 2 Minutes
NOTE: BIRMINGHAM BOTANICAL GARDENS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is rolling out brand-new reasons to support one of the Magic City’s greatest treasures. The partnership between the City of Birmingham and the Friends allows the Gardens to be enjoyed sunrise to sunset, every day of the year. Learn how you can be a Friend for 10% off with the code SPRING2020.
Why You Should Become a Friend
Looking to make new friends and meet people who share your interests? Becoming a member of the Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens is a great way to do it. Here are a few more reasons that sweeten the deal:
- You’ll keep one of Birmingham’s most important and beloved cultural institutions growing and strengthening our community while enriching the lives of all who visit.
- You’ll be first to know about all the great things happening at the Gardens—get “insider” information and take advantage of valuable member benefits. Read on to learn about those.
- You’ll be a part of a vital organization that is dedicated to serving the Gardens, their visitors and their community as well as inspiring a passion for plants, gardens and the environment.
BONUS: Now through May 2020, you can get 10% off memberships with the code SPRING2020.
2020 Membership Levels
There are seven different levels of membership that the Friends offer, the first of which starts at just $50 per year. When you break it down, that’s about one cup of coffee a month that you’re giving up in exchange for these benefits.
- Friend | $50/year
- Dual | $55/year
- Family | $70/year
- Contributor | $150/year
- Supporter | $250/year
- Ambassador | $500/year
- Benefactor Circle | $1,000+/year
- *Get 10% off all memberships now through May with the code SPRING2020.
In addition to the membership benefits, each level includes added perks by tier. Compare all the differences here. Likewise, it’s important to note that discounted rates are available for students and members of the military.
All membership levels include baseline benefits that add up to incredible savings:
- Free or discounted admission to 300+ botanical gardens across North America (check out the complete list here)
- Choice of complimentary member gift plant at the Fall Plant Sale
- Access to exclusive members-only classes, events and tours
- Discounts on select classes and workshops for adults and children
- Free admission to Spring Plant Sale members-only presale. Coming up April 16.
- Priority registration for special events and children’s summer camps. Registration is open now.
- Free general admission to Antiques at the Gardens
- 10% off regularly priced merchandise at Leaf & Petal at the Gardens and lunch at the Gardens Café by Kathy G
- NEW: 10% off regularly priced purchases at participating nurseries and garden centers
- And more!
Grow. Learn. Connect.
Support from members makes a tremendous impact. Membership dollars benefit the ongoing stewardship and enhancement of the Gardens. They also support educational programs and outreach activities designed to:
- Promote a culture of sustainability
- Showcase the beauty and importance of plants
- Highlight the many ways that the Gardens—and the act of gardening—feeds the mind, body and soul
Friends and volunteers are so important to the Gardens, and their community is a tight-knit and welcoming one.
Become a Friend today, or give the gift of membership by visiting the Gardens’ website.