March 8 is International Women’s Day, and we found 4 ways to celebrate it right here in Birmingham. Keep reading for all the details.
1. Thursday, March 5: Birmingham Speaks’ March SPARK: Women in the Lead at Practice Works [SOLD OUT]
In honor of both Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day, tomorrow’s monthly breakfast focuses on “Women in the Lead: A Candid Conversation with Some of Birmingham’s Most Inspiring Women.”
Here’s the lineup:
- Leigh Davis, Vice President of Economic and Community Development for Alabama Power
- Isabel Rubio, Executive Director of Hispanic Interest Coalition of Alabama
- Libba Vaughn, Executive Director of Leadership Birmingham
- Marsha Womack, Vice President, Citizens Trust Bank
The moderator is Sarah Robinson, Founder & CEO of Birmingham Speaks.
Location: 3613 6th Ave S, Birmingham, AL
Time: March 5, 7:30-9AM
Follow Birmingham Speaks so you don’t miss out on future events.
2. Sunday, March 8: Contenders Collective in the Sidewalk Cinema
Come out for curated cocktails and stay for Bham’s Boss Babes. Expect to be entertained, inspired and enlightened.
Hosts: Leah Drury—CCO/Co-Founder, Battle Republic + Lindsey Miller- CEO/Co-Founder, Battle Republic + Founder, Mpire Concepts Group
- Ashlee Ammons—President/Founder, Mixtroz
- Chloe Cook—Executive Director, Sidewalk Film Center & Cinema + Sidewalk Film Festival
- Jess Parsons—Distiller’s Apprentice/Sales Rep, George Dickel
- Tonia Trotter—Communications Specialist, Create Birmingham
- Lynlee Hughes—Realtor, Arc Realty
- Valerie Thomas—President, The VAL Group, Inc.
- Lindsey Lutz—Digital Creator, Life Lutzurious + Senior Sales Manager, Johnson & Johnson
- Randall Porter—Brand Strategist + Style Enthusiast, TheRandallPorter.com
You’ll be able to meet new people via Mixtroz, panelist Ashlee Ammons’ amazing networking biz. Be sure to download the free Mixtroz app on the Apple or Google Play stores. When you get there, it’ll take you about two minutes to get set up.
Location: 1821 2nd Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203
Admission: $10 + $2.24 fee = $12.24
3. Sunday, March 8: UNA Birmingham Celebrates International Women’s Day at the Emmett O’Neal Library
For a more international focus, head out to the Emmet O’Neal Public Library to hear guest speaker Kimberly Fasking. She’s an asylum rights advocate and lawyer with a passion for crisis immigration work.
The event is organized by the United Nations Association USA Greater Birmingham Chapter, in partnership with UNA-USA at UAB.
4. Sunday, March 8: BHM Femme launch party at Dragonfly Salon + Boutique [SOLD OUT]
BHM Femme is officially launching on International Women’s Day. Here’s what they have to say about themselves:
“BHM FEMME is a collective dedicated to the empowerment of and community for every woman. We provide an intimate space where women can gather to commune – inspiring each other to reach goals, better themselves and live their best life.”
For those of you who were lucky enough to score a ticket before they were sold out, there’ll be snacks, beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks plus some swag from the sponsors.
Location: Dragonfly Salon and Boutique, 2831 7th Ave South, Birmingham, AL 35233
Still want in on the launch party? Make sure to follow along @bhmfemme on Instagram.
Contact: Website | Instagram | Email