Read Time 4 Minutes
Dough. Sauce. Cheese. The three main ingredients of arguably the best food on earth. Sunday, February 9th is National Pizza Day and here are twelve places to get your grub on in Birmingham. Why twelve? One for each slice of an extra-large pizza. DUH!
Iron City Pizza contributes to Five Point South‘s booming restaurant scene and partners with local farms to source the freshest ingredients.
- Location: 2012 Magnolia Ave. S. r3, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Hours: Wednesday- Thursday 11AM-2PM, 4-9PM | Friday- Saturday 11 AM-10PM | Sunday 4-9PM
- Location: 725 29th St. S., Birmingham, AL 35233
- Time: Sunday-Thursday 11AM- 10PM | Friday-Saturday 11AM- 11PM
Nestled in the heart of downtown Birmingham, Pies & Pints makes a mean pizza! My personal fave— the Chicken Gouda.
- Location: 125 20th St. S., Birmingham, AL 35233
- Time: Monday-Thursday 11AM- 10PM | Friday-Saturday 11AM- Midnight | Sunday 11AM- 9PM
Dave’s Pizza is an OG Homewood staple and makes every customer feel like family. If you haven’t been here, what are you waiting for?
- Location: 1819 29th Ave. S., Homewood, AL 35209
- Time: Monday- Saturday 11AM- 10PM | Sunday 3- 10PM
Post Office Pies has received national recognition for its hand-tossed pizza. They’re cooked to perfection in wood-fired brick ovens with locally-sourced ingredients.
- Location: 209 41st St. S., Birmingham, AL 35222
- Time: Friday-Saturday 11AM- Midnight | Sunday- Wednesday 11AM- 9PM | Thursday 11AM- 10PM
Inspired by the culture of the Bronx and Naples, Italy, GM Pizzeria makes old-school pizza with a modern twist. I personally went for their giant meatball but stayed for the prosciutto pizza.
- Location: 600 Oak Grove Rd, Homewood, AL 35209
- Time: Monday- Thursday 11AM-2PM, 5- 9PM | Friday 11AM- 2PM, 5 – 10PM | Saturday 11AM -10PM
Looking for Chicago-style stuffed pizza in Birmingham? Look no further than Tortugas. They’re located right behind Good People Brewing Company.
- Location: 1304 2nd Ave. S., Birmingham, AL 35233
- Time: Tuesday- Saturday 11AM- 9PM
A pizza place that highlights as a brunch dive on weekend? Yes, please! ZaZa’s rectangular-shaped pizza (inspired by the Romans) became an instant sensation.
- Location: 207A 20th St. N., Birmingham, AL 35203
- Breakfast: Monday, Wednesday-Friday 7:30- 10AM
- Lunch: Monday, Wednesday-Friday 11AM- 3PM
- Dinner: Monday, Wednesday-Sunday 5- 10PM
- Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 10AM- 2PM
For over 50 years, Davenport’s has served up award-winning, made from scratch pizzas. They also have nostalgic movie photos and vintage video games to complete a unique dining experience.
- Location: 2837 Cahaba Rd., Birmingham, AL 35223
- Time: Monday- Thursday 11AM- 10PM | Friday- Saturday 11AM- 11PM | Sunday 4:30- 10PM
Grab some friends or family and head over to The Filling Station in Crestwood. It was once a literal filling station—hence the name— and is easily some of the best pizza I’ve had.
- Location: 5524 Crestwood Blvd., Birmingham, AL 35212
- Time: Sunday- Wednesday 11AM- 9PM | Thursday- Saturday 11AM- 10PM
You’re probably wondering how a chain restaurant got on this list but I’m just looking out for those folks on a budget. This was my go-to spot during college. You get to personalize a pizza without breaking the bank. It’s a win-win.
- Location: 707 Richard Arrington Junior Boulevard South, 7th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Time: Sunday- Saturday 11AM- 9PM
Open since 1965, DeVinci’s is a Birmingham tradition and just does pizza right. No games. No gimmicks. Just good pizza!
- Location: 2707 18th St. S., Birmingham, AL 35209
- Time: Thursday- Friday 6AM- 9PM | Saturday- Wednesday 11AM- 9PM