Read Time 3 Minutes
Love flowers? You’re in for a treat! Sarah Marshall has opened Magic City Flower Market at The Battery in Birmingham, and it’s gorgeous. Keep reading to find out more about the space, what they’re offering and how you can get in on the action before Valentine’s Day.
1. This isn’t Magic City Flower Market’s first rodeo.
If the name Magic City Flower Market sounds familiar, you may have heard about them here when they first opened in Rosegolden in Avondale back in April 2019. Or maybe you caught them in our roundup of 5 places to buy fresh flowers in Birmingham back in November 2019.
Either way, what you need to know is that they are the go-to place in Birmingham for locally-grown and American-grown flowers year-round.
2. Get your locally- and American-grown flowers at Magic City Flower Market.
If you like your flowers to look like they just stepped out of a Georgia O’Keefe painting, you’ll want to stop by Magic City Flower Market so see what these local growers have on offer:
- Hepzibah Farms
- 1818 Farms
- Stone Hollow Farmstead
- Boom Boom Bloom
- McLeod Family Farm
- Blue Rooster Farm
- BelAir Farm
Sarah hopes to add more local flower farmers this year.
In addition, she brings in “other American-grown flowers to supplement and add to our local varieties. This gives me the opportunity to source awesome flowers/foliage that we don’t have access to locally.”
Magic City Flower Market is committed to sustainability, better practices in the flower industry and supporting local growers.
3. “I’ll have what she’s having”—the stem bar and other offerings, including PHRESH.
When I stopped by on this grey day, it was so much fun learning from Sarah about all the things she has on offer. Here are just a few:
- Flowers by the bunch.
- A stem bar–build your own bouquet.
- Arrangments—you can check these out on the website for Valentine’s Day pre-ordering.
- PHRESH—follow @magiccityflowermarket on Instagram so you can find out when they launch this flower club membership, featuring weekly bouquets and more.
4. Watch this space: Community Design Collab.
In case you couldn’t tell by now, Magic City Flower Market’s more than a flower shop. There’s a whole community aspect, supporting local flower farmers and also working with local floral designers through the Community Design Collab. Here’s what Sarah had to say about it:
“I’m working with floral designers in town in hopes to build good, long lasting relationships. I had two designers come in and help create my vision for the seasonal install. This will rotate every couple of months and my plan is to take a couple of different designers each time to showcase their work!
These are installs that will last and stay up until we rotate to the next seasonal design. This time it was with Brooke Mcafee, of Lilt Florals, and Mary Ashley “Mitty” Twitty, of Fox and Brindle. I shared with them my inspiration and they brought it to life!”
5. Ready to get your flower fix at Magic City Flower Market?
- Location: in The Battery, next door to Magic City Nutrition | 2201 2nd Ave S Suite 107, Birmingham, AL 35233
- Hours: by appointment | email email@example.com or check Instagram for updates on when the shop is open
- Contact: Instagram | Website