Read Time 2 Minutes
Big things are happening in Bessemer. In addition to the new Amazon fulfillment center, Carvana has chosen Bessemer as the site for a new $40 million distribution center. Check out why it’s such a big deal.
Not familiar with Carvana?
Carvana is a car distribution program that allows their customers to choose vehicles online. However, Carvana is most widely known for their car vending machines. When you purchase a car through Carvana, you can pick it up at one of their see-through towers. You simply insert an oversized Carvana coin into the machine and out comes your new car!
In addition to their vending machines, Carvana also operates a curbside format. In fact, there’s a Carvana curbside in downtown.
1. Carvana will bring 450+ new jobs to Bessemer
Carvana joins a growing list of companies that have chosen to expand in The Marvel City. The choice proves that Jefferson County’s strong workforce, infrastructure and central location are ideal for new businesses.
- Carvana plans to invest $40 million into their new Bessemer facility.
- The project is expected to create more than 450 jobs.
- The average annual salary is $35,000+.
2. Bessemer location will serve the Southeast
“We are thrilled that Carvana has selected Bessemer for its newest state-of-the-art distribution hub and look forward to building a partnership with this innovative company.”Gov. Kay Ivey
Carvana’s new distribution center will help the company expand their business in the Southeast. In addition to customers from Birmingham, the new Carvana facility will handle fulfillment from all of Alabama and several surrounding states. That means customers from all over, who visit Birmingham, will see how incredible our city is.
3. Experience a new way to buy a car
If dealerships and salesmen aren’t for you, then Carvana might be the way to go. Their car-buying process is simple:
- Pick: With more than 22,800 options, you can find the car that best fits your personality.
- Purchase: Once you’ve found the perfect car, make the purchase.
- Pickup: If you live near a Carvana Vending Machine, you can pick up your car or have it delivered. Even if you’re outside of their service area, you can book a one-way flight to their vending machine. Carvana will subsidize $200 of your flight.
And the best part? You can do all of this from the comfort of your own home.