“In queso” didn’t know, November 11 is National Nacho Day! Make sure to celebrate with some of these unique dishes from local restaurants. They are definitly “not’cho” regular nachos!
1. 4:20 Nachos – Wasabi Juans
- Price: $7.75
- Ingredients: Doritos, spicy tuna, avocado, sesame seeds, unagi sauce & spicy mayo
The 4:20 Nachos at Wasabi Juans are a unique spin on traditional nachos. But that makes sense coming from the unique Mexican/Sushi mashup. Also, who would have thought Doritos and spicy tuna would go together so well?
2. Redneck Nachos – Moe’s Original BBQ
- Price: $10
- Ingredients: kettle fried chips with pork, turkey or chicken, fresh tomato, onion, and jalapeño topped with queso, red and white bbq sauce
The Redneck Nachos at Moe’s BBQ are my favorite dish from this barbecue joint. Although I typically opt for pork, the turkey and chicken are great too.
3. Totchos – Rojo
- Price: $9.25
- Ingredients: tortilla chips, cheese, black beans, salsa, sour cream, jalapeños and… tater tots!
Did you know that tater tots were allowed on nachos? I sure did not! However, if anyone can pull off Latin/American fusion, it’s Rojo.
4. Sky High Nachos – SkyCastle
- Price: $11
- Ingredients: braised pork, salsa verde, pico, queso fresco, black beans, cumin sour cream, Serrano’s and cheese dip
If you’re looking for something more traditional, check out the offerings from SkyCastle. Although it isn’t as adventurous as the others, the Sky High Nachos are popular for a reason!
5. Chinese Duck Nachos – EastWest
- Price: $11
- Ingredients: wontons, duck, kimchi queso, cilantro, jalapeño
Although I haven’t tried these nachos (yet), the photos sure look delicious! Apparently, the Chinese Duck Nachos are one of the most popular dishes at EastWest. Since I’ve heard so many good things about them, I have no trouble believing their spin on nachos is amazing.