Lakeview and Pepper Place are booming! These popular districts are home to many of our Birmingham favorites, from working out to eating out and a whole lot more. 4 new additions are coming to the area soon, and we. can’t . WAIT.
Here’s the Scoop
Ice Cream. Seafood. Tequila. Sweaters. Ok, so maybe not the best combination, but that’s 4 things we’re big fans of here at Bham Now—and they’re all coming to Lakeview and Pepper Place by 2020.
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams
Jeni’s was founded by James Beard Award-winning ice cream maker Jeni Britton Bauer. A favorite all over the country, you can find Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams in almost 40 storefronts as well as countless retailers. This is their first location in Alabama!
- Located in Pepper Place across from The Lumbar
- Opening Spring 2020
- Check out Jeni’s on Instagram and Facebook
Mayawell is a new cocktail bar that specializes in high-end tequilas and agave spirits. It’s brand-new to Birmingham and based on the success of other local cocktail bars, it’s sure to be a huge success. According to this article by the BBJ, while the lounge will focus on tequilas and mezcals, they’ll offer a full bar as well.
- 2900 Fourth Ave. S. Birmingham, AL 35233
- Opening later this fall
- Check out Mayawell on Instagram and Facebook
Billy Reid is an award-winning American fashion designer from Lousiana. His retail line has almost a dozen stores all over the country, and he specializes in American luxury clothing with a Southern influence.
- 2807 2nd Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233
- The Pepper Place location will host their Grand Opening on Thursday, October 24
- Check out Billy Reid on Instagram and Facebook
Half Shell Oyster House
We’ve already shared all about this, but I’m so excited that it felt wrong to leave off. Half Shell Oyster House is a personal favorite of mine—and it’s sure to be one of yours in no time! Hint: I recommend the Royal Reds.
- There are actually two locations coming to Birmingham—one is in Trussville, and the other is in Lakeview
- Lakeview Address: 608 29th St. South Birmingham, AL 35233
- Coming early 2020
- Check out Half Shell on Instagram and Facebook (warning—don’t look if you’re hungry)