Read Time 3 Minutes
I don’t know about you, but as soon as temperatures get below 75 degrees, all I want to do is go get some fresh air and enjoy the sunshine. Autumn is a favorite season for many, and for good reason! If you’re looking to get in the autumn spirit, check out these 5 outdoor activities within an hour of Birmingham, AL.
1—Go Apple Picking
A crisp and sunny afternoon. Meandering through an apple orchard, picking the ripest red beauties. The idyllic autumn day could be all yours!
Here are 3 places to go apple picking within an hour of Birmingham:
- Steele Orchard in Cullman
- Mountain View Orchards in Jemison
- Scott’s Orchard—this one is a bit farther away (less than two hours from downtown Birmingham), but it’s well worth the drive!
2—Pack a Picnic
A picnic is perfect for so many situations—a peaceful afternoon of solitude, a day trip for the whole family, a unique date, and more.
You can go as extravagant or as simple as you want—pick up some cheese and crackers, bake some fall treats, or pack a whole meal if you’re up for it!
You can take your picnic anywhere—Birmingham certainly has no shortage of great outdoor spots. Check out these 11 neighborhood parks in the Birmingham area to find the one nearest you!
3—Attend an Outdoor Festival
We hung out at the All Ford Show at Adamson Ford this month, and even though I am far from an expert on classic cars, they were super cool to see.
Whatever your interests, chances are there’s an event in Birmingham for you.
- Art fan? Check out the eco-creative Moss Rock Festival
- All about the girl power? Don’t miss Moonstone Festival, a female-focused music and arts fest
- Consider yourself a #foodie? Here are food festivals going on in the Magic City (hint: scroll to get the details of the fried chicken festival)
4—Take a Hayride
Hayrides are a true fall classic in the south. I have many memories of bonfires, field trips, and Thanksgiving days spent in a hay-filled trailer.
Here are 3 places you can take a ride:
However, the best hayrides can be the ones in your own backyard. No truck? No problem! Rent one for a weekend, throw some hay in the back, and take friends or family out for a ride.
5—Pumpkin Patch Photo Shoot
The pumpkin patch is a great time whether you’re 3 or 33! Many patches have TONS of activities like corn mazes, petting zoos, and a whole lot more.
Not to mention, it’s the perfect place for those beautiful, seasonal Instagram photos.
Here are 7 patches you can find within one hour of Birmingham.
Before You Go
We’ve all heard that getting there is half the battle. If you’re having car trouble, that can certainly be true. Don’t let a mechanical issue ruin your perfect fall weekend.
Whether your car needs a simple tune-up or extensive repair work, you can find award-winning Ford service and auto repair at Adamson Ford.
Check out the specials they have going on right now:
- $49.95 synthetic blend lube 0il and filter service + complimentary tire rotation and brake inspection
- $29.95 tire rotation + balance
- $80.00 off purchase of 4 tires
Schedule a service appointment today, then get out and enjoy autumn in the Magic City!
What’s at the top of your autumn to-do this year, Birmingham? Let us know on social @BhamNow