Happy October, Birmingham! Now that we’re in the double-digit months, it is PEAK seasonal Instagram pic season. If you’re itching to take those festive family photos, we’ve got just the pumpkin patch for you. 7 of them, actually. The best news? They’re all within an hour of Birmingham. Don’t forget your fall coffee for the road!
No Shame in Your Instagram Game
You, too, can have a festive fall feed filled with photos like this. Pumpkin patches are great to enjoy a day in the great outdoors, sure. The kids get to play, the parents get to drink hot apple cider and breathe in some fresh fall air.
However, did you really go to the pumpkin patch if your camera roll isn’t full by the end? Whether you’re looking to get some beautiful family portraits made, or you’re a 20-something who needs a great Instagram pic to go with your perfectly punny pumpkin caption—we all love a good autumnal photoshoot.
1. THE PATCH at Helena Hollow
- Address: 6027 Hwy 17, Helena, AL 35080
- Hours: Sat & Sun 10AM-6PM
- Cost: $10 per person, under 2 is free
- Extras: Slides, swings, animals & more! Also included in admission is a hayride to the pumpkin patch, where pumpkins can be picked and paid for ($2 each) upon leaving
2. The Great Pumpkin Patch
- Address: 288 County Hwy 45, Hayden, AL 35079
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 8AM to 4PM | Fri-Sat 8AM to 6PM | Sun 1PM to 6PM
- Cost: A ride to the pumpkin patch plus a pumpkin to take home is $7 on weekdays and $9 on weekends (activities are extra)
- Extras: Hayrides, inflatables, petting zoo, pony rides, extreme bungee, live entertainment, arts & crafts, food, and more
3. Griffin Farms
- Address: 826 Griffin Rd, West Blocton, AL 35184
- Hours: Sat 10AM to 6PM | Sun 12PM to 6PM | Available weekdays for reserved groups
- Cost: $10/person (2 years and under are free) – includes one pumpkin
- Extras: Animal farm, bouncy houses, corn maize, hayride to pumpkin patch, playground, hay and tire mountains, small rock wall, parent powered zipline, hamster wheel, and more
4. 4D Farm
- Address: 7182 County Road 703 Cullman, Alabama 35055
- Hours vary, but you can find them here
- Cost: Weekday Pass at the Gate $11.95 | Weekend Pass at the Gate $14.95
- Save: $2 when you buy online here! Or grab your seasonal pass on the same page.
- Extras: Pillow Bounce, Barnstormer Tubing Slide (snow tubing without the snow), Cow Train, Hay Ride, Lane’s Landsliiiide, 200Ft Zipline, Corn Bins, Live Pig Races, 2 story Play Barn, and more
5. Old Baker Farm
- Address: 1041 Farmingdale Road Harpersville, Alabama 35078
- Hours: Weekdays 3PM-Dark | Sat 9AM-Dark | Sun 1PM-Dark
- Cost: $10/person, under 2 is free
- Extras: Admission Fee includes pumpkin and all events except food, arts and crafts, horseback rides
6. Faye Whittemore Farms
- Address: 1619 Forrester Road Jasper, Alabama
- Hours: Sat 10AM to 5PM | Sun 1PM to 5PM
- Cost: $12/person. Pumpkins are sold at farm prices for an additional 40 cents per pound.
- Extras: Petting zoo, hay maze, moonwalk, inflatable slide, obstacle course, fishing, playground and face painting
7. Penton Farms
- Address: 3595 County Road 59, Verbena, Alabama 36091
- Hours: Mon-Fri 1PM to 5PM | Sat 8AM to 5PM
- Cost: $10/person ages 2 and up
- Extras: Wagon rides, corn maze, large corn pit, cow train, playground, corn cannon, human hamster wheel, animal barn, super slides, pipe swings, and more
Bham Now at the Patch
Enjoy these photos of some Bham Nowers at Birmingham pumpkin patches with their friends and family! As you can see, we’re fans.