Studio by the Tracks’ Studio Store grand opening is July 27, 10-3 in Irondale. We can’t wait!

Here are three women behind Studio the the Tracks' new Studio Store in Irondale.
Katie Thompson, Suzanne Boozer and Danielle Dyar. Photo by Sharron Swain for Bham Now

Studio by the Tracks in Irondale is opening up their own Studio Store, and we couldn’t be more excited!

Everyone’s invited to their grand opening. Read on for all the details.

Peek into Studio by the Tracks’ new Studio Store

The courtyard in front of the entrance to Studio by the Tracks' new studio store.
There’s something about a courtyard . . . especially when it’s filled with hand-made art. Photo by Sharron Swain for Bham Now

This inviting little art-filled courtyard leads you right to the entrance to the new store. Just look for the “Studio Store” signs, then walk on the mosaic-filled path.

Once you get inside, you’re going to be amazed at what you see. Ceramics, glasses, prints, paintings, socks, t-shirts and so much more.

This isn’t just another art gallery, though. The Studio Store provides supplemental income to its artists, who are all adults with autism spectrum disorders.

What is Studio by the Tracks?

An assortment of art on display at the new studio store in Irondale.
An assortment of ceramics and other works of art available for purchase at the Studio Store. Photo by Sharron Swain for Bham Now

In their own words:

Studio By The Tracks supports adult artists with autism spectrum disorders with art studios, supplies, representation, and supplemental income via commissions from sales of their artwork.

We also partner with Glenwood, Inc. of Birmingham to serve children with behavioral or emotional disorders with weekly art education classes.

We believe in the therapeutic power of self expression through visual art as a means of processing emotions, relieving stress, engaging in social relationships, and building confidence.

Pretty awesome, right?

We’re all invited to their grand opening!

Studio by the Tracks' studio store is a great place to buy gifts made by local artists with autism.
They’ve got merch, too! Because who doesn’t need a pair of Superdog socks? Photo by Sharron Swain for Bham Now

It’s gonna be a big block party, so mark your calendar and plan to go.

Here’s everything you need to know:

  • Where: 301 20th Street N, Irondale, AL 35210
  • When: Saturday, July 27, 10AM-3PM
  • What: music from Venture Boi and Waterwells, food and drink (hopefully a food truck), art activities like face painting and more
  • Cost: no admission to the event, but you’ll need money for food or drink
  • Art prices: $5-$250—payable by cash, credit card or check
  • Get any other details you might want here

You can check out the Studio Store now

studiostore 1 Studio by the Tracks' Studio Store grand opening is July 27, 10-3 in Irondale. We can't wait!

Whether you can make it to the grand opening or not, the store actually opened July 10, so you’re welcome to swing by and check it out. Regular hours are Wednesday through Saturday, 10AM-3PM.

What the folks who work at Studio by the Tracks love about the store is that it gives all of us the chance to purchase handmade artwork or give fabulous locally-made gifts.

Every purchase puts money right into the pockets of the artists, who get a 60% commission from sales of their work. The other 40% helps Studio by the Tracks continue its good work.

It’s pretty much a win-win for everyone. So head over to check out the new Studio Store to find that perfect gift for somebody on your list, or some new art just for you. And definitely plan to hit up the grand opening on July 27th. Hope to see you there!

Sharron Swain
Sharron Swain

Writer, Interviewer + Adventurer | Telling stories to make a difference

Articles: 706