Read Time 1 Minutes
Bham Now loves Sidewalk Film Festival. We know you do too. But they need a new home. Let’s help Sidewalk reach their funding goal for the brand new Sidewalk Cinema by the end of July so you can enjoy Birmingham’s only independent film center in the heart of Birmingham’s Theatre District ASAP. Keep reading to see photos of their progress so far and to find out how you can get involved.
The goal is set: $4.9 million by the end of July. The Sidewalk Film Center and Cinema fundraising campaign is almost 90% complete, but they need your help!
Started From the Bottom, Now We’re Here 🎞️
They broke ground in the basement of The Pizitz earlier this year. And so far, they’ve raised $4,319,652 million towards a $4.9 million goal. That means $580,348 still needs to be raised before the end of July in order to complete the campaign and open the brand new Sidewalk Cinema.
According to their website, the $4.9 million campaign costs cover:
- architecture and design
- the lease-to-purchase fund
- start-up capital and professional fees
See the Sidewalk Cinema Progress 🎬
Progress is being made—paint is on the walls! But there’s still a lot to be done before doors open *fingers crossed* before the end of July!
How to Get Involved 👏
Help bring dinner and a movie back to downtown Birmingham! Get involved any way you can:
- Make a donation in any amount.
- Sponsor a seat (for as little as $17 per month) ONLY 31 REMAIN!
- Add a donation to your 2019 Sidewalk Film Festival ticket purchase.
- Buy a limited run T-Shirt (all proceeds benefit the capital campaign).
- Host a fundraising party to benefit the campaign (with Sidewalk staff support).
- Share information about the campaign via email or social media.